AuthorTopic: Air suspension......  (Read 617 times)

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Air suspension......
« on: December 17, 2007, 11:14:51 »
Ok, I put the Range rover in the garage last night, put it on high and isolated it so I could have a look at the compesor today as it is sounding noisey. Came to it this morning to find the rear in the air and the front on the bump stops

I am right on thinking theres a sticky valve on the valve block as both the front air bags are on the bump stops? If so how can I fix/repair.

The air suspension went into fault mode about a week ago but it said it was the the rear valve stuck shut.

Is it common to have problems with air suspension in cold weather

Thanks all

jonny

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Air suspension......
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 13:59:50 »
Yes, at least one of the front and rear valves have a tiny leak, so it's leaked front to back.

You can buy reconditioning kits from Rover Renovations in the 'states, though all you really need is some O rings.  You can rebuild them yourself and whilst you have the control box off to do the ump you might as well remove the valve block completely, take it inside and inspect the O rings for perishing and splitting.

Just keep it all clean whilst you work :wink:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline scatt

Attack Member
Air suspension......
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 20:17:23 »
I had the same problem when i first had my p38 then it started sinking lower on one front corner than the other. i bought new front air spings front height sensors and it still broke. so i took it all off and put coils on. if you want any bits send me a pm.  :wink:

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

Attack Member
Air suspension......
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 13:05:55 »
Thanks very much scatt for the offer Don't think air Suspension from the P38 is the same as a classic allthough not sure

I have left it on high and isolated it a cupple of times now  and it has not droped onto the front since, there's is a bit of leaning to one side or the other but not the masive drop onto the front bumpstops as befor. From this I am guessing that it is a slightly stick valve somewere. Can you get any form of lubrication that can be introduced into the system via the air fillter that will lubricate and free up sticky valves? or will i have to strip the block and clean it and replace perished o rings.

Thanks

Jonny

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Air suspension......
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 13:32:30 »
Strip the block and clean it with a dry cloth.  Only replace the O rings is they look damaged, it's often dust causing this sort of slow leak.

You should never introduce anything other than dry air into the EAS system, it had an air dryer fitted.  If you find any moisture or evidence of condensation then this needs replacing or refilling.  Also check the reservoir is drained out.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal