AuthorTopic: disco engine in defender  (Read 477 times)

Offline fasthands

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
disco engine in defender
« on: November 09, 2007, 14:45:27 »
Just thought I would share the handy bit of knowledge that was passed to me by a friend at work, I have put a disco engine (200tdi) into my 90 as many people have. And if you have or are going to do it also you will find that the turbo compressor outlet is very close to the inner wing.
The friend in question showed me how to rotate the compressor housing so it points up, this was really easy!! :o  with a large pair of circlip pliers with the tips bent at a 90degree angle, I released the large clip at the rear of the compressor housing a little tap with a plastic hammer and it rotated nicely. I also removed the actuator before I did this. when I had the housing in the right position I offered the actuator back up to the housing marked where the bolts needed to go, then removed the housing completely, then drilled and tapped the housing to suit. refitted the housing making sure the Oring was ok bolted the actuator back on and this made fitting the pipe to the intercooler a lot easier and neater too. there is a pic in my gallery if you want a butchers at mine. I hope this helps anyone intending to do the engine swap.
Land Rover repair guide, Don't fix anything, because if you do something else always breaks, so fix nothing and nothing will break!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal