AuthorTopic: runing bad  (Read 344 times)

Offline scooby

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
runing bad
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:21:19 »
hi there any one help me out on this one.
My idle tick over is all over the place and the car cuts out sometimes like i was saying before on here.
I have check all the pipe work thats all ok i have now unpluged the air flow meter and the car runs the some with it pluged in or not.
Would this mean the air flow meter is broken and i need a new one not sure myself i know its a 5am and do not now if they will do this r if they do have problems on this syestem.
Some days you go and put the car in gear and she dies on you r it will not tick over at all.
Marc and Annie
----------------
http://Http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/scooby/
defender and disco owner.
name of defender-betty boop

Offline burgerman

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
runing bad
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 16:46:14 »
complete shot in the dark, but from experience, a friend had a very similar experience and we tried all kinda stuff, air leaks n air flow meters ect, and ended up being his alternator  :shock:   cant state why as i dont know, but changed it and all trundling along ok, i did remember that his old alternater was/appeared to be producing voltage ok, not sure about amps though,    thought i would pass the info on anyhow, good luck
TD5 with a few Tweaks ;o)
a bit more fuel friendly than the V8

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
runing bad
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 18:09:27 »
A low battery voltage could affect the idle/running.  I know mine won't spark if the battery is too low.

Anyway, I thing Scooby you need to borrow a MAF, don't know the difference between 3am and 5am but the later will fit inplace of the former, so for the sake of borrowing one I think either would do.  Not too expensive on Flea bay either.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal