AuthorTopic: rattling front propshaft?  (Read 458 times)

Offline josh90

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
rattling front propshaft?
« on: October 21, 2007, 17:55:19 »
does anyone know whats exactly wrong with it as i don't know were to start in fixing the problem. the propshaft actually turns a quarter turn by hand when the engine is off, and when driving it loudly rattles and clunks. any help would be cool.
cheers

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
Re: rattling front propshaft?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 18:09:28 »
Quote from: "josh90"
does anyone know whats exactly wrong with it as i don't know were to start in fixing the problem. the propshaft actually turns a quarter turn by hand when the engine is off, and when driving it loudly rattles and clunks. any help would be cool.
cheers

Hi josh H has a spare prop i gave it to him a couple of months ago ,is all the nuts tight ,take the prop off and check the big diff nut and the transfer nut mine was loose tightened it up problem cured
You missed a good day up haldon  today it was packed
 defender 200 tdi. 59,000m ,winch .spots,front rollcage,rear internalcage,snorkel,undersealed,polybushed,tweaked motor,roof tent ,muds ,noise reducers,stainless exhaust,3"lift+4 shocks,chequered plating,12 change cd ,cb,sound proof kit,sunroof,landrover carpet,wading kit.hilift jack,rock sliders jackable,axle breather kit,folding forward facing rear,roof rack to carry roof tent, seat,electric seat warmer.tilt meter,full stainlees exhaust,fire exstingsher thatcham alarm ,immobolizer , fsh and only used on sundays once a month,now 38" boggers,wide ange props,4pin diff ,ashcroft shafts,qt steering bar ,winch

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
rattling front propshaft?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 19:38:47 »
sounds like a gimped prop UJ
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal