AuthorTopic: Rear door adjustment  (Read 340 times)

Offline fish

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Rear door adjustment
« on: October 07, 2007, 17:15:06 »
I am sure many of you have seen this before. I adjusted the rear door on my truck to try an minimise catching on the rear step by loosening the hinge bolts, sticking a jack and various pieces of wood under the open door, jacking it up a little and then tightening the bolts back up. This method certainly reduced the amount of catching, so I was reasonably happy……. Until a helpful friend pointed out there is now clear daylight (5mm) between the top of the door and the seal, the bottom of the door seems OK, but the gap going upwards now just gets bigger the further up you look.

Anyone seen this before and can suggest what I need to do to get the door to seal properly again, whilst not catching?
90 CSW 1987 V8

Offline Guyh2

Attack Member
Rear door adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 18:59:54 »
Open the door 90 degrees, loosen all the bolts on the top bracket and slightly loosen a couple on the bottom.

Whilst supporting the door near the hinge end, lift the lock end of the door upwards, support and do all the bolts up again.

HTH

Offline J.D.

Attack Member
  • ...Pure as Belfast snow...
Rear door adjustment
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 22:11:10 »
Undo the three nuts on the bottom door hinge, swing the door open and support (hi lift jack is brillaint).

Put required number of washers (in my case 3 for each bolt) behind door hinge, thread each bolt through washers and tighten.

Lifted mine a treat an now doesnt catch at all on bumper.
J.D.
- - - -
'ASBO' - Blue Land Rover Recovery Discovery 200TDiS - LR GRAVEYARD OCCUPANT (RIP).
'Green Giant' - Scammel Crusader - WEEKEND WORK!
'Helga' - 2.0T Volvo V40 - BORING!
'Pheonix' - 1995 3.9 V8 Discovery soon to be converted to TDi. - FINISHED!

www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk
www.berkshire4x4response.co.uk

Offline fish

Attack Member
Rear door adjustment
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 19:42:22 »
Thanks guys, did as you suggested and now sorted! Only problem is bouyed my my success I had a look at the floor panel, bit of work required there I think!
90 CSW 1987 V8

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal