AuthorTopic: Eng v France rugby in Calais next Sat + off-road  (Read 275 times)

Offline Tom Mc

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Eng v France rugby in Calais next Sat + off-road
« on: October 07, 2007, 16:46:04 »
Who is up for a little trip to Calais next Saturday to watch England thrash France (hopefully) in the semi-final of the Rugby World Cup?

If anyone's interested, as the rugby is not until 8pm Sat night I could find out from my friend Jean-Juc Guyot (local independent Land Rover garage) if we could meet up with the local Land Rover Club and go off-roading daytime Saturday, thus killing two birds so to speak. Then on to a bar to watch the game (when we played South Africa the bar in question had a giant flag of St George displayed outside, obviously an ex-pat owns the bar), then on to the Cafe de Paris to rub the owner’s nose in it ... tastefully and subtly of course!!! The proprietor whose name is Herve, an off-roader himself and also a friend of mine will welcome us with open arms – BTW the C de P was the venue for the prize-giving dinner for Landy Rally 2007.

Then for those still standing, perhaps we could visit Herve's disco opposite C de P? That's something the officials and entrants of Landy Rally just couldn't do as everyone was just too darn knackered!

Well - whose up for it? If nothing else it’s a good excuse to stock up on booze for Christmas!

Please note this junket is open to all-comers, not just those who took part in Landy Rally 2007.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal