AuthorTopic: GOLF BALL DENT!!!  (Read 9149 times)

Offline Dave K

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: GOLF BALL DENT!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 21:34:37 »
Count me in for some golf course related offroading, have they got any water traps to drive through what do you think theyre reaction would be to a discovery emerging onto the fairway via a lake!?

Some sand ladders could be handy too................

Chris

At least you have the right name for the course! :wink:

Offline Disco Matt

Attack Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2008, 22:00:14 »
I've always felt our golf links would make a great off road course. No water traps but some interesting hills and quite possibly bunkers.

I have heard of some golf courses being attacked by the "green" mob - apparently they're not keen on the idea of the landscape being maintained rather than left as a nature reserve. Unlikely allies maybe? It'd be a lot better for wildlife after a bit of churning! :lol:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 22:03:43 by Disco Matt »
1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

Offline Fireyred

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2008, 17:16:08 »

:troll:

Have had a letter back from the Council....will post it on later this evening, it will make you all chuckle I am sure and then become outraged as I did.

If your all up for a possible media protest of some kind, as planning some pay back as I am out raged about the whole thing now.

Stubborn as I am, cause why the hell should I pay for the door to be repaired cause they have not got the correct procedures and protection in place.

As to they reply about it being down to the individual person ie the golfer, how the hell would you tell who hit it, the balls don't exactly have there names, addresses and contact numbers on.

:evil:
Would you like to speak the man in charge,
Or the women who knows what's happening?

Landrover 90 Green (Dragon)
Converted hard top
Rear slidding windows fitted
Rear bench seats/ belts
Rear twin step
Check Plate....Check Plate and a little more Check Plate

Offline Fireyred

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2008, 20:17:00 »

Dear Sir/ madam

I write to inform you of an incident on the 31st August 2007, in which my car was parked on a friend’s driveway at 41 Colonial Drive, Collingtree Park, Northampton.

When a golf ball came flying over and hit my car on the driver’s side door, leaving an imprint of the golf ball and a fair size dent.

Please see enclosed correspondence between myself and Collingtree Park Golf Course regarding this matter.

In which they are saying that the club carries no insurance to deal with this kind of incident, however, I feel it must be the responsibility of someone rather than myself, as there are no warnings regarding any risks relating to the golf course and parking issues, and I do not see why I should have to pay as quoted approximately £150 to have the dent removed and repaired.

I was clearly parked in the correct way on private property. Not to mention the force the ball must have come over, it could have smashed a window or worse knocked someone out and caused a serious injury.

I now leave it in your hands to find out who is liable for this, and feel it is a matter for health and safety to prevent it happening again and either causing damage or injury.

I look forward to your response regarding this issue.

Kind regards

Lorna Steggles

This was there reply (The Council) The the above letter:

Dear Miss Steggles

Health and safety at work act 1974
Collingtree Park Golf Course Ltd, Windingbrook Lane, Northampton NN4 0XN

I refer to your recent correspondence regarding the unfortunate incident of a Golf ball from the about course hitting your car whilst parked at a friends house at 41 Colonial Drive.

Collingtree is typical of American style golf courses where houses form the boundary of the course in many places. This type of development does lead to problems you complain of. However there are no previous records of a similar nature in relation to Colonial Drive.

Compensation is a civil matter between you and the person who caused the damage and as such I would suggest you seek private legal advice if you wish to pursue the matter further.

sorry I can not be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Yours sincerely

David Green

Principal Environmental Health Officer
(Commercial services)
Would you like to speak the man in charge,
Or the women who knows what's happening?

Landrover 90 Green (Dragon)
Converted hard top
Rear slidding windows fitted
Rear bench seats/ belts
Rear twin step
Check Plate....Check Plate and a little more Check Plate

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 19:43:52 »
gosh I wonder if they would pull their finger out if a bunch of people joined the golf club and en masse started firing golf balls at club house and carpark,  as they say -who knows which ball belonged to which golfer- so no golfer could be held liable for individual damage - it surely would be the clubs fault.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 19:45:26 by Saffy »
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Lee_D

Attack Member
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2008, 23:44:24 »
Take the Director to the small claims court for the cost of repair. You can do this on line. Ususally rather than run the risk they cough up before court. Failing that it'll cost you but a few quid to go through the process.

Currently : ' 03 Range Rover Vogue TD6 Auto, '90 110 CSW TD
Previously : 101 Ambi Prototype, Jaguar powered IIa Auto , '83 RRC , '90 RRC , '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd

Offline CNorman

Attack Member
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 16:05:34 »
I once bought a car which turned out to be on finance. I took advice from several forms and the best of all was the citizan advice beuro (CAB for those who can spell...)

They were excellent, and free!.

Offline spy

Attack Member
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 00:24:39 »
Take the Director to the small claims court for the cost of repair. You can do this on line. Ususally rather than run the risk they cough up before court. Failing that it'll cost you but a few quid to go through the process.

My thoughts exactly.  I would be getting some quotes for a propper job (not that chipsaway etc arent good, they work bloody miracles) but I would be getting quotes from the biggest local body shop.  You must know the one, the over priced one that does all the insurace jobs near you! :D

Get the quote then write back to the golf course saying having done further research I enclose the quote for a full and propper repair to my vehicle.  Failure to pay withing 14 days will leave me no choice but to issue a summons through the county court. 

If they wont pay I would start court proceedings (think its about £35 online) and cross my fingers.  They are taking the [throw it]!  You have to take em on! I would be amazed if they let it go to court.  They are bound to just pay up.

Good luck

Mike

110 2.5 Petrol LPG powered
Discovery 300tdi - Sold to Sooty
Discovery 200tdi  - SPY - SOLD
Series 3 - XUXY - SOLD :(

www.landyworld.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal