AuthorTopic: im getting the series bug again!!!  (Read 731 times)

Offline suggs

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
im getting the series bug again!!!
« on: September 06, 2007, 17:44:36 »
with the baby due in December and the Mrs giving up work, next year im gona be skint  , so im thinking ill probley have to give up on the extreme off roading for a while as i wont really be able to afford the damage i tend to do most times i go out .

so im thinking of maybe selling the Disco and getting another series Landy with a soft top and sticking the change in the bank, i would buy a decent series not interested in a shed, maybe one thats been restored, i would keep it standerd apart from some mud's and just do some laning and the bonus of the roof off on hot days. so if anyone knows someone with a pukka series swb 2a or 3 petrol and wants a very well sorted Disco let me no as i may be interested in a deal, not sure what to value mine at but must be worth a fair bit more than a Series so i would be expecting cash on top..

my Disco has a very high spec including very long travel dislocating suspension with all the extras, and winch etc etc etc

cheers

H

modded 90

V8 Disco 2 ES premium for the Mrs

Offline carbore

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 09:20:54 »
Hmm sounds like a plan BUT....

If you built a disco like that you are serious about what you do, do you REALLY think you can give up your sport? A year off is unlikely to be a problem for you but then you will get itchy and want to play again, if you sell the disco you will not recoup much in expenditure and then when you want to go and play you will have to do it all over again (possibly by modding the series) so by the time the baby is demanding toys etc you will be in a worse situation.  Id mothball the disco as its only the cost of the damage that makes it expensive.

If you need the extra cash immediatley then ok, sell it, but dont do it for a short term as yoy will generally only lose money (in the big scheme of things) when you sell a car.
CORNISH SPRINT AND HILLCLIMB CHAMPION 2009

Lotus Elise (Tuned/lightened for sprint racing Championship winner 2009)
Freelander 1 TD4 Auto AKA the Big Black Bus (Brownchurch Roof Rack, Hatch Bag rear liner)
Ferguson T20 "Grey Fergie" TVO Tractor 1951

Offline suggs

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 16:29:11 »
been offered a swop for a nice 90 200tdi with off road mod's from a mate, so seriously thinking of do the deal. no money involved but ive never had a 90... 8)
modded 90

V8 Disco 2 ES premium for the Mrs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal