AuthorTopic: 1998 V8 Central Locking Odd Behaviour (Another one!?)  (Read 384 times)

Offline Strong Stuff

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
1998 V8 Central Locking Odd Behaviour (Another one!?)
« on: August 21, 2007, 02:44:22 »
Hi all, the C/L has worked perfectly on my D1 for the 7 months I've had it ........... until now, the rear passenger door lock, instead of just locking with a clunk like all the others do when you press the button on the fob, sounds like it is going mad for a few seconds, sounds like the solenoidy type thing is "bouncing" for a few seconds, it only just started doing it, shall i hit it with a big hammer?  :lol:

Any sensible suggestions please?

Many thanks as always!

Offline petergalileo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
1998 V8 Central Locking Odd Behaviour (Another one!?)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 09:50:55 »

Wot no replies ???

Possibly the wire in the body to door rubber tube connector thinghy is perishing and shorting against another wire.

Could be the solenoid is on its way out, try ebay proberbly about a tenner.

Its also possible that damned spring has gone or is playing up, common fault, doesn't normally produce the symptoms you describe though.

If you want to test it, look for an orange and a pink wire, the solenoid is operated by for example making orange positive and pink negative to lock and then reversing the current to unlock (might be the other way round)
1996 300TDi Discovery ES - Java Black, Stainless Bullbar, Electric folding mirrors, TD5 Steering Wheel in Beige - Doesn't get muddy !

Freelander 1.8 Xi - LR Bodykit, Light Guards.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal