AuthorTopic: Your Carbon tyreprint?  (Read 617 times)

Offline Ja1983

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
  • Referrals: 0
Your Carbon tyreprint?
« on: August 17, 2007, 17:23:16 »
With a big drive at work to go all bunny-huggingly friendly, i`ve pondered the thought of just how planet friendly i am!?

..Initially 99% of green haired tree dwellers would happily cast me into the nearest compost heap for owning a 4x4, but just how bad is your average 4x4?

dont think the v8 crew will do as well here, but i recon i`m not doing too bad all in..

a) i bought a second hand vehicle (re-use)
b) it has remoulds fitted (re-use again)
c) if i could find bio-diesel locally, i would use it (resource)
d) my house is heated via waste wood from work/local skip co. (reourse, re-use/recycling of a waste material)
e) i drive calmly and thus fuel efficeintly (avoid late breaking, avoid harsh acceleration) (resource)
f) i rarely clean my vehicle (thus saving water)
g) all waste materials are disposed of at properly (oil at tip where handling facilities exist)
h) i will buy second hand over new for any non wear items (body armour, bits and bats)
e) home composting - £7 off the net (google for offers in your area) (re-use/recycle)

...also its cheaper! :lol:

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

Offline chaosego

Attack Member
Your Carbon tyreprint?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 17:55:36 »
apparently 70% of landrovers are still on the road !!you could not say that about other makes.it makes you laugh these people who change there car every year to keep up with jones so forcing manufacturers to sell more cars so producing tons of polution before the car turns a wheel.
so to buy a 10 year old disco and keep it on the road for another 10 years is in itself eco friendly in my opinion forget that its big and uses a bit more fuel than a nissan micra. a 2 litre petrol vectra are not exactly fuel efficient but they only drive two wheels so thats ok then.thats my two peneth worth any way glyn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqfi7Kk9S8

YEE- HAA!!

standard hight scorpion springs
PRO COMP SHOCKS.
EGR BLANKETY BLANK.
CAMEL CUT.
GREY MODULARS 255/70/15 COLWAY aTS.

Offline drmike

Attack Member
Your Carbon tyreprint?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 19:24:15 »
On a related theme I've been trying to get some rape seed oil locally to stick in the 200 TDI - and damn me but no-one has the 3 litre bottles left.

Are all you so and so's getting there first?

Mike

Offline Keri

Attack Member
Your Carbon tyreprint?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 19:29:07 »
Quote from: "chaosego"
apparently 70% of landrovers are still on the road !!you could not say that about other makes.it makes you laugh these people who change there car every year to keep up with jones so forcing manufacturers to sell more cars so producing tons of polution before the car turns a wheel.
so to buy a 10 year old disco and keep it on the road for another 10 years is in itself eco friendly in my opinion forget that its big and uses a bit more fuel than a nissan micra. a 2 litre petrol vectra are not exactly fuel efficient but they only drive two wheels so thats ok then.thats my two peneth worth any way glyn

Actually after a slight oops we have a hire (courtesy) car that is a new punto 06 plate. 1.2 so only a small thing. And it only seems to get 60 miles to about £10 (petrol)  which is about what the disco (200tdi) gets (got) as well. So all those people with small womany cars are not doing any better than a l reg old disco.

Offline SnakeLogic

Attack Member
Re: Your Carbon tyreprint?
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 19:48:28 »
Quote from: "Ja1983"
f) i rarely clean my vehicle (thus saving water)

If that counts for all that, I think I may be in line for sainthood. :lol:

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Your Carbon tyreprint?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 19:52:35 »
I run my V8 on LPG which is a waste by=product of refining Eurobox juice and avaition fuel, so I run my planet killing 4x4 on waste :wink:

It's cleaner that burning regular dino juice too and helps my well-built 4x4 last even longer plus my engine oil lasts longer (cleaner at least) too.

in a dust to dust survey even the Hummer comes out better than the tree-hugging hippie favourite the toyoda pious.  It's longevety helps to offset the lack of economy and because I own a 4x4 I can tow my caravan to holiday sights in the UK.

A family of 4 jetting off to the costa del tat to top up their skin cancer is responsible for burning more jet fuel in a fortnight that I can afford in a year.  That family still has to go to work in their Eurobox when they get home (some would say that's punishment enough).
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

ben_haynes

Your Carbon tyreprint?
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 00:22:32 »
i think i av very good

Ok i got a V8)
but its on LPG so it Duel Fuel
Second Hand Vehicle,
I have Remolds
I recycle any Petrol/Derv mix when our Dumb customers put petrol in there Dervs,  :lol:
I use old engine oil from one customer who has his oils changed once a month,
I wash it in the local ford so all the mud goes back to its local habitat aswell :lol: and it does not waste unneeded water
I dont tow a big heavy caravan Just a tent for me so i dont burn loads more fuel
I dont have a passport so i cant jump on a plane or Boat to some exotic far-a-way land

guess i am very Clean :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal