AuthorTopic: Safari Driving Lamps  (Read 1855 times)

JeepCher53

Safari Driving Lamps
« on: December 28, 2004, 01:05:39 »
I have a set of land rover driving lamps (I took them off my old Freelander before I sold it!!) which I'd like to fit to the Freelander I have now - a 2.0 Tdi. This vehicle doesn't have the wiring. Would anyone know how to wire these in or do I need to purchase the wiring from Land Rover (ouch!)  :(
Thanks
Esther

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Safari Driving Lamps
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 01:23:31 »
The easiest and least destructive way is to wire them direct from the battery, via a fuse and relay or fused relay, which I prefer.  All you will need to do is take one wire to the main beam of your headlamps and connect with a scotchlock (a tool of satan) or other more reliable method. The other wires to the relay are a ground, the battery feed and power to the lamps, which are then grounded also.
Sorry if this is a bit Janet and Jane but electrics are not everyone's thing, if so you can buy a ready made wiring kit from places like Halfords.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

JeepCher53

Safari Driving Lamps
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 17:08:16 »
Thanks - I'll get hubby (Tazman) to sort that out once I get my A frame fitted  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal