AuthorTopic: Good news for a change  (Read 359 times)

Offline mm3107

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Good news for a change
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:18:59 »
Now I may be tempting fate by doing this, but so often on these forums you hear about the moans and groans. Just thought i would say what a bloody good car the disco is. For a 4x4 it drives, handles very well, my mate has a Frontera, fells like driving a couch compared to the disco. Nicer steering  on disco too, and none of the body roll expected. Tweaked the pump on mine slightly, so pulls well but workedout last night, still getting 36 mpg on average. 240 miles for 30 litres!
Incase your wondering yes i have been victim to a number faults on my last disco, but still reckon they're great motors. Cheap for parts and relatively simple to work on.
Just hope you dont see me on here begging for help with some dilema in the near future, lol.
Great site btw.

Offline Ja1983

Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
Good news for a change
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 13:18:23 »
i suspect that discovery owners everywhere are suffering some sort of high... paint fumes? nitros kits leaking perhaps?

...although i`ve only got mine in the last few days i have to admit its surprised me.

mines lifted 2" on 235/85/16s, and theres no antiroll bar, so while the power is good (compared with the 2.4 N/A derv pickup) the handling is on a par to pavarotti on a skateboard, but i`m getting used to it now!

was also surprised at how roomy they are, did a few tip runs this weekend (disco doesnt need a permit, unlike the pickup did!) and got mor ein than i thought!

fuel economy seems good so far, although i have been getting a little giddy with the turbo... and the fuel guage is deceptive, as the tank is much bigger than my last motor, so quarter of a tank is more like half a tank..

few little issues to sort out, but thats the joy of paying old hatch back money for a 4x4... ah well

....and yes, mud-club is a fantastic site!  :D

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Good news for a change
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 16:12:37 »
Glad you are pleased with it.  One of the pronblems with Discos and RRC for that matter is that they were expensive cars when new and as they get older and cheaper the 3rd/4th owners don't spnd enough of maintenance, that and the abuse they often suffer is why we hear about so many of them breaking down.

My LSE has probably done more than the 45,0000 recorded miles but it's a briliant car and I love driving it too.  I have spent a small fortune on it though but now that it's sorted it's great.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline hrox

Attack Member
Good news for a change
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 16:22:41 »
i have not long had my disco 98 on a S,  300 tdi auto and i think its so much better than me last car 2.8td pajero.   i got a few things to do to it but 200 miles also on 30lts i dont think is that bad considering its an auto.
Jamie, Shell & the Ankle Biters
--------------------------------------------------
1998 Disco 1
How much fun do you Have in yours???

Dont Steal, The Goverment Hates Competition!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Good news for a change
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 16:27:02 »
RRR gets about 30mpg driving carefully on a 300TDi auto, and about 21 with the 'van on.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal