AuthorTopic: Couple of electrical questions - advice please?!  (Read 666 times)

Offline pandasharka

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Couple of electrical questions - advice please?!
« on: July 02, 2007, 19:32:33 »
Hi all,

Please excuse these naive questions, but wondered whether anyone can help on these?

I have a feeling that the heated rear window / front screen and heated mirrors are not working on the car. Have checked in the fuse box and relevant fuses appear in tact. Is there anything else i can check? (re. the font screen, the RR manual refers to 2 30amp fuses on the steering column, but i cant see them?!

Also, had a quick look under the bonnet and there is a white fuse holder on a lead coming off one of the  battery terminals missing a fuse. A red and blue wire runs from this holder towards what i guessed might be the warning light panel? But for what? The ignition/battery lamp lights on start and then goes out on turnover.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I will get a Haynes manual ASAP

Thanks guys

Mark
1992 RR Classic LPG

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Couple of electrical questions - advice please?!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 14:37:59 »
The fuseholder on the battery is not original.

Given that you have a heated screen then I'm guessing it's a 90-93 model car.  The rear screen could be a problem with the areil booster that's built into the heater, a black box obove the rear headlining, the terminals melt.

otherwsie not sure, but you might find the Haynes was written in 1990 and only just of any use :roll:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal