AuthorTopic: Newbie at the wheel of a 92 Vogue SE...  (Read 666 times)

Offline pandasharka

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Newbie at the wheel of a 92 Vogue SE...
« on: June 12, 2007, 22:15:47 »
Evening all

Well, took the plunge and bought a 92 Classic SE couple of weeks ago and so far so good. I must confess i have read every one of these pageson this excellent site  and am S@$T scared of something going wrong..

especially as it will be our workhorse when we drive and move over to Bulgaria to live in September (bought it cos of the shiggy roads in the winter there)

So we have done 600 miles so far, its LPG and returning approx 30MPG equiv so far so not too unhappy. It doesnt miss a beat.

ONE QUESTION?

The original Clarion stereo?? is defunct. Been into Halfords to enquire about a replacement (nothing too ££ as dont want to increase its value too much). Been told that we need an adaptor to fit an after market head. is that true? just that i remember following a link somewhere here which went to an audio site that from memory said nothing required other than the new player?

Any words of encouragement greatly received.

Its off to have a total service at an indy RR place tomorrow, by when i am sure i will be after consolation... :(

with best regards

mark
1992 RR Classic LPG

Offline Skibum346

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
  • Referrals: 0
Newbie at the wheel of a 92 Vogue SE...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 23:09:10 »
Congratulations Mark your noble steed will serve you well wherever you park it!

I recomend you get a "LR Classic Parts" CD for your model year (about £15 froma stealership) as it's got all the documentation in it you could ever need.

Other than that, get into it... examiner it from top to bottom and get an understanding of how it does what it does so that ytou'll be better informed when you get to Bulgaria.

It is true that your likely to need to firt a converter to use an after market stereo. But that's only if you want to keep the plugs. You can get an ISO stereo plug that will fit most new head units that has bare wire tails. You cut off the old vehicle side plug, wire in the new and Bob's yer mothers brother. (assuming you get the right wire onto the right wire of course!)

Good luck and ask for help... it's what were here for!

BTW... fill out yer profile etc a little... let us all know where you are and you'll find you'll get more local help.

Skibum

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal