AuthorTopic: P38 what problems to look for???  (Read 743 times)

Offline se4

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
P38 what problems to look for???
« on: June 04, 2007, 15:06:48 »
Hello everybody!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully some of you can spare the time to help me out.

My girlfriend curently has a pajero 2.8 swb but as we have horses and attend shows etc the boot just isn't big enough, and it's bloody thirsty, so..........

I've convinced her that if you're gonna have a 4x4 there's nothing better than a rangie!  8)

Test drove a diesel and it was pap so it's gonna be a V8  :lol: on lpg of course.

Basically what should i be checking for other than the usual rust, signs of damage, oil leaks, etc.

Many thanks in advance

Offline thermidorthelobster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
P38 what problems to look for???
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 16:28:49 »
Hi SE4,

I'm going to take the opportunity to hijack your thread and try something the moderators have been mulling over.

I've created a new "P38 Buyer's Guide" thread and I would ask people to contribute to it.  That way, we can build up a definitive expert opinion, with the added bonus that the next time the same question gets asked we don't have to go through it all again.

Cheers, David
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal