AuthorTopic: broken half shaft  (Read 337 times)

Offline disco-v8

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
broken half shaft
« on: May 21, 2007, 00:17:43 »
ok after a great day offroading i broke  the rear half shaft.....

just trying to see what the best option to do is, i dont no if to go second hand, brand new or even uprated....

i havent got a clue yet on price new or second hand, so need asmuch info as posible.....

ive also noticed that the rear shafts have the flang part already attached the the half shaft, so was woundering if its possble just to buy the shafts then get uprated flangies?????
I LOVE MUD!!!!!! but my engine doesnt

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
broken half shaft
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:31:43 »
first you need to remove the shaft and see what its like. I got a set of 24 splines for mine that were the wrong lengths. Second hand 24 spline are out there but not exactly abundant.
Uprated are cool but the question is what will break instead. One of the guys from our club has upgraded everything shafts, diff, cv's with ashcroft stuff so should be bombproof....just going to break the tfr or gearbox instead.. :shock:
I'd rather break a shaft...its easy to fix.
EFILNIKCUFECIN
Disco V8 3 dr - THROW ME A FRICKIN' BONE HERE.
3 link, lockers and 35's- NUFF said

Offline disco-v8

Attack Member
broken half shaft
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 12:31:55 »
as my truck is a 300 series V8 the rear halfshafts have the hub flange built onto the end, which makes the price rocket upto about £170 for the long side.....  :shock:

ive looked at 90 rear half shafts and they seem to be way way cheaper.... so i no ill need the removable hub flange aswell, but will they still fit, as in length wise?????

my rear diff spline is 24, and the fronts are also 24 with a 32 CV spline.... ive noticed the rear later defenders 90's where 24 diff, 24 hub

cheers
I LOVE MUD!!!!!! but my engine doesnt

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • say no to orange extreme bits !!
broken half shaft
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 18:15:27 »
adam afink you need give jim a ring  :wink:
he's got ashcroft shafts in his now so has got some spare 24 spline rear shafts somewhere  :roll:
ill txt u his no l8r m8
dan
Dan Thomas,                  Matt Price
Team Relentless " No half measures "
Bobtailed Auto Td5 90 comp truck........... Got more tricks than a magician !!

http://www.Devon 4x4.co.uk >> for all your truck needs and more !!
http://www.Gigglepin4x4.net >> For when the going gets tuff, and one motor just isnt good enough !!!
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk >> the guy everyone forgets, but he doesnt forget your custom.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal