AuthorTopic: break or sell  (Read 337 times)

Offline Sheddy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
break or sell
« on: May 17, 2007, 19:28:23 »
I've had ebnough of this off road milarky.  I initially bought a series 3 just to get my boat in and out of the water.  My two kids kept argueing about who would go with daddy (it only had 2 seats) so I bought a Disco instead.  In order that it didn't sink in the sand (steep beach) I wanted wider tyres which lead to wider rims which lead to wheelspacers which lead to cut arches which lead to ..... you get the idea.  Before I knew it I had a very capable off-roader and so I went off roading.  That lead to ...... I'm not starting that again.

I joined a local club that has its own site  and even entered a novice challenge event.  Trouble is, now I'm bored with all th eoff-road milarky and the Disco just isn't getting used.  The beach where I launch from now has a concrete slipway so I don't need an equipped vehicle there either.

The disco is a 1991 V8 which cost me £1200 a year or so ago.  The modifications cost around another £5000 (if not more)  The Disco has a fair bit of body damage now, dents and scratches abound but mechanically it is absolutly fine.

So what do I do?  I know I'll never get back what I have paid out, I'm not that niave, but do I break it down to its parts and then e-bay them or sell it off in one go?  I would probably get more for it in parts but I don't want the hassle.

Your opinions are sought
1991 Disco 1 V8 modded

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

Attack Member
break or sell
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 20:09:15 »
Hi.

Try selling it first at a sensible price (reserve).

I was offered £2700 for my heavily modded 89 V8 LPG RRC. I broke it and got £3500 for the bits I sold and kepts back bits I had paid £3800 for. I kept BFG Muds, loads of Scorpion stuff, etc.

Took six weekends to break/photo/advertise/dispatch.
Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

Offline RichardM

Attack Member
Re: break or sell
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 22:14:48 »
Quote from: "Sheddy"
 I would probably get more for it in parts but I don't want the hassle.

Doesn't that answer it for you?
Richard Martin
Cardiff
1994 300Tdi Automatic

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal