AuthorTopic: Terrano free wheeling hubs  (Read 1864 times)

Offline SWEETY

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Terrano free wheeling hubs
« on: May 11, 2007, 12:52:57 »
I've had my Terrano 6 months & have heard there can be problems with the hubs. What is the problems & are they easy to fix ?
Many thanks  :D
I don't suffer insaity ! I enjoy it !!!

Disco 2 V8 powered

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 13:15:19 »
Theres a part inside referred to as "Brake Ring " in the Nissan workshop manual. This breaks and then driver does not engage to that wheel and thus no drive to that axle. Also the 2 Break rings wear, if this happens beyond a certain point they will not engage or dissengage as mine did last week. There appears to be 3 differnt kinds of auto FW hubs fitted to further complicate matters. For more info its well worth joining the Nissan and Ford Maverick 4x4 Owners Club for £10 a year, you'll save it in no time.
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

Offline SWEETY

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 21:09:56 »
:D Thanks for that, I dont think mines been off road ever, I think it's been a tarmac qween !. I tried out the 4 wheel today on a gravel track & seemed ok, the nanual says "you will hear a clicking noise after selecting " but I did'nt ? it did feel like the front end was connected though.
Thanks again for your help 8)
I don't suffer insaity ! I enjoy it !!!

Disco 2 V8 powered

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 22:07:18 »
You don't tend to hear noises when engaing 4wd unless you're travelling too fast in which case it can grind. When backing up to disenage the hubs you should just be able to hear each hub click out, you might need the windows down though.
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal