AuthorTopic: Disco II ICE  (Read 346 times)

Offline C C

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Disco II ICE
« on: May 06, 2007, 14:02:47 »
I have a 99 Disco II Es with the factory fitted Harman Kardon 11 speaker system with a CD auto-changer. The head unit has a cassette player inbuilt.

All of which is a bit old hat these MP3 days.

Currently I have a handy gadget that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket that will play mp3s' via a radio link with the stereo. Actually for £15 it is quite good.

However I would like to bring the head unit up to date but I don't want to replace the 11 speaker output.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?.

Oh yes I'm also tighter than a ducks @res so nothing that requires spending heaps of cash.
C C

TD5 Disco.
Kawasaki ZZR600.

Offline thermidorthelobster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Disco II ICE
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 14:22:28 »
100 quid for an iPod interface which replaces the autochanger;  otherwise stick with what you have.  The head unit is a good unit and you can't easily replace it for something else.  If the cassette deck offends you then blank it off!

When you say it's old hat, what do you want exactly?  If you want to play MP3s then you can already do that, through your radio link.  :?
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

skip

Disco II ICE
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 23:50:48 »
My disco has had a sony MP3 headunit fitted with an interface that allows the use of the binicle controls. As far as I know sony is the only one that it can be done with.

All of it can be sourced from halfrauds.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal