AuthorTopic: Hose leak!  (Read 342 times)

Offline JimsMowing

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Hose leak!
« on: April 24, 2007, 19:39:43 »
All day today i have smelt a whiff of hot water, but not had the chance to stop and investigate. The water temp has been rock solid all day and so i thought it cant be that bad.

Anyway since getting home i have had a quick look and there is a pin [ed - prod with a sharp implement] hole squirting out water onto the fuel rail. Its the short stubby hose that runs between the left rocker cover side and the inlet manifold.

Can anyone give me a proper name for this piece of pipe as i need to order one ASAP!! Also in the mean time any ideas on tape i can use to block it up? Gaffa/Duck tape??

Cheers

Geoff

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
Hose leak!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 20:42:32 »
I did a running repair on a Metro metal radiator pipe once with some inner tube and a jubille clip....

8 months later it was still there!

:lol:

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
Hose leak!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 20:47:05 »
Not sure of the one you mean, but as far as temp repair, let it stop weeping out use duck tape repair as mention previously, but try a glob of hylomar or similar jointing compound over the hole before taping up
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline JimsMowing

Attack Member
Hose leak!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 21:00:27 »
Cheers guys for your input. I think i'll do a puncture repair tube with gaffa tape over it. Then go to Landorver and get the part from them. How much can a tube 4-5 inches long cost??  :?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal