AuthorTopic: Oil Cooler - Worth anything?  (Read 7217 times)

rafe

Oil Cooler - Worth anything?
« on: October 09, 2003, 14:15:03 »
After our little trip to Morocco, where it was very probably a useful thing to have, I decided to remove the oil cooler from my lightweight. She runs very well (better) without it and the oil temperature stays within reasonable limits even when off-road.

I've therefore no need for it and was thinking of sticking it on stand at Sodbury. Question are these things worth anything? Or are they two-a-penny?

I can value the rest of the crap I'll have on my stand - about £1 for the lot!  :wink:

Offline muddyweb

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 17:50:57 »
Not sure why it would run any better without the oil cooler  :?:

But still, the value depends on condition.  If it's really good, you'll get 20-30 quid... if it's like almost every other one that comes off a Lightweight, you'll get 5-10 quid.  If it's all bent and twisted and all the little wires are mashed, then take what you get offered  :D
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rafe

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 09:55:17 »
Runs better in that from cold she warms up quicker and requires less choke for less time. Once warm there's no difference. Then again I've fixed so many things on her the exact extent of any one change is impossible to deduce.

Thanks for the guide on price. As far as I can remember (it's been wrapped up in garage for ages) the cooler is in pretty good condition so hopefully I'll sell it and it'll cover the cost of my pitch at Sodbury.

If I'm really lucky I'll sell the other crap too and that'll pay for the bacon bap!

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 10:22:15 »
Quote from: "rafe"
Runs better in that from cold she warms up quicker and requires less choke for less time. Once warm there's no difference.

Sounds like your oil-stat might not have been working properly... still doesn't matter now !

Quote from: "rafe"
If I'm really lucky I'll sell the other crap too and that'll pay for the bacon bap!

Sodbury is the place to do it !   I'll be taking a trailer full :-)
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Offline turtle

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 10:24:24 »
See you both there, I'm also selling, not sure if I'll get everything in the motor/trailer/roof rack....

As long as it doesn't come home again I'll be pleased.

rafe

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 10:31:06 »
My problem is although I'm not taking much I've already bought stuff from this coming Sodbury!

Pre-ordered a set of jackable sills for the lightweight.

I'm also hoping for the right wheel/tyre comination at the right price... In which case it'll have to be an early purchase, swap them over while I'm there and do my best to flog other ones before going home!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal