Offline gmawby

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
ABS Woes
« on: April 08, 2007, 02:45:20 »
Hello everyone.

I have a 96 Discovery that I bought a couple of months ago. The previous owner told me that he had disconnected the ABS so ABS light is on. I noticed that the drivers front wheel sensor had been unplugged so plugged it in again. I hoped that this would enable the ABS but it did not as the light stays on.

I have tried to diagnose the fault using the DIY ABS Diagnostics article in the technical section of this site. My problem is that the ABS light does not blink when I short out the back and pink/black wires.

This is what i did.

1. removed the green relay from passengar foot well.
2. switched on the ignition
3. shorted out the black and pink/black on the connector in the drivers footwell. Note that I do not have (or could not find ) the blue connector pictured in the article. I have one connector with about 8 wires going to it.

The ABS light did not flash! Any ideas?

Also the 5amp ABS fuse slot does not contain a fuse but a connector that leads to a 5 AMP fused wire that goes off into the dashboard. Any ideas what that could be?

Any advice most welcolme.

thanks.

Glenn,
Sydney.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
ABS Woes
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 14:15:26 »
Have another look for the 4 way blue connector.  It could be wrapped up and taped to the loom or just hidden.  I had the devil's own job trying to find the diagnostic for the EFi on my soft dash, it had been trapped under the loom and I had to loosent he dash to get it out :roll:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline BigA

Attack Member
ABS Woes
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 13:58:00 »
I had the same problem finding the ABS plug, I removed the cover under the driver side fuse box, down in the foot-well, and eventually found the plug tucked up in the very right hand side, behind a plate. My leads were very long so the plug can go down a very long way amongst all those looms.

if you see my earlier ABS thread, i had to replace the relay before the light would go out correctly, after clearing the fault.

Hope this helps  :?
1978 Series III 88"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal