AuthorTopic: REar light cluster crim lugs  (Read 337 times)

Offline nishikigoi

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
REar light cluster crim lugs
« on: April 05, 2007, 19:49:51 »
I'm swapping my 300 lights for 200 ones for off roading, as the seats and panels are out (new rear floor going in.....well big 2mm plate cut to carpet template anyway) I don't have the connections for the light and indicators, just need the funny crimps, the ones from maplin are too big. Anyone know if they are spare items or does anyone have 4, or a loom the canabalise?????  :wink:

Cheers
'94 Toyota 4Runner 3.0 TDi

Due to cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished.....

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 19:52:29 »
If you are careful you can pull the individual pins out of the multi connector and change them around to suit the light layout you desire
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline nishikigoi

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 20:00:16 »
Quote from: "hobbit"
If you are careful you can pull the individual pins out of the multi connector and change them around to suit the light layout you desire

THe problem is that it does not have the cables for indicators or lights, I need 2 new spade conectors each side. Like you say they can be removed as they are an odd type, can only cost pence but are doing my head in!  :evil:
'94 Toyota 4Runner 3.0 TDi

Due to cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished.....

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 01:56:43 »
Piece of pee mate, I did it the other day.

Your car has the 300 series lights and you want to fit 200 series lights.

On the 300 series light you will notice that one of the blades is missing in the multiplug and another does not have a lead connected to it.

All you need to do is carefully remove the socket on the 200 series lights from around the baldes, it clips out.

Bend the 2 blades in question out of the way, I then cut these shorter.  Refit the wiring loom to the socket. and check that all the 300 lighting functions work as they did.

Now you have 2 lugs sticking up that need connecting to the tail lights and indicator lights.

On the LHS connect the red/balck wire within the wiring loom to the side light and the indicaotr is IIRC green and something.  I used a scotchlock (yes I know :roll: ) and a short section of wire to a female spade just big enough to clip over the lug as mentioned above.

Repeat on the RHS but the wires are different colours.  You will be helped by the presence of the trailer wiring plug in the RHS corner though.

Be carefull as the wiring also contains the screened cable for the ABS sensors and the fuel tank sender/pump.

NB, the lights in the bumper are a legal requirement I'm told, so best to leave them in :wink:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal