AuthorTopic: need to breathe beater  (Read 344 times)

Offline landy4x4xfar

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
need to breathe beater
« on: April 02, 2007, 18:37:01 »
I am looking for a straight though pipe for the middle section of my disco

I know they make one for the defender but I can’t find one for the standard (long) middle box on a disco

My disco needs middle and rear and I would prefer to skip the middle altogether and give me a better power kick

Can anybody help or know a small engineering firm that’s does this please
 [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<

Offline stageonesimmo

Attack Member
  • Y'Arte Et Me Arte'ies
need to breathe beater
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 19:51:18 »
Mmmmm, be carefull as it CAN bring on a lack of power at certain parts of the rev range - mainly top end.  Its due to the lack of back-pressure that taking out the middle box brings.

I de-catted mine recently and noticed a slight improvement low down but it does seem a bit flater than it was high up the revs, taking out the center box may well just make things worse, well on mine anyway, and I've heard on other forums that it definately can.............
Son, life has a habit of kicking you in the ass and i only have vague recollections of when it wasn't kickin mine!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
need to breathe beater
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 17:38:13 »
There is a Powerflo dealer in Sheffiled mate, they can make exhausts.  Avoid the one in Halfway though, I went in there and bassically if it's not fitting a stainless dustbin under the back or a coarser then it's too difficult for them :roll:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal