AuthorTopic: Nissan Owners?  (Read 4257 times)

Offline kevmann

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Nissan Owners?
« on: March 15, 2007, 22:25:06 »
Not much activity in this section?

Are we so few or is it that Nissans are so good we dont get many problems/ Or not many mods going on with these great machines?

How many Landrovers or Jeeps give 30+ mpg Off road, even better on road.

Offline Jonathan M

Attack Member
Nissan Owners?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 19:10:53 »
I know a lot of Nissan drivers that frequent www.nissan4x4ownersclub.co.uk rather than the more general 4x4 forums. And you're right, 30 mpg & reliability, what more can we want?
Nissan terrano 2 SWB Kumho tyres hella lights

Offline Mighty_zuke

Attack Member
Nissan Owners?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 14:38:57 »
30 mpg? Your not running a D21 navara then... Reliability is good though!!! :lol:

Mitsubishi Shogun

Nissan Navara

Offline kevmann

Attack Member
Nissan owners
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 18:47:35 »
Thanks for the Owners website link.

See mpg topic, I'm getting between 30 and 38 mpg on a Navara D22.

Yet to see what figures are once chipped, will keep you all posted.

Anyone have experience of fitting Tunit Chip on Navara? what performance and mpg?

Offline Terranger

Attack Member
Nissan
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:39:52 »
Well, sorry to disappoint you lads and lasses. But my 10 year old Terrano's gettin traded in for  a new Defender.
Can't find anywhere to buy accessories, (would have loved to make it into an expeditionary-styled 4x4), local dealership are conmerchants, (gave me an all-clear on an in-house "healthcheck" but wanted £500+ to get it through M.O.T. 2 months later) and replacement parts are extortionate, whereas cheaper alternatives are badly manufactured.
Nah, I'm taken the "Land Rover" route from now on.
2008 DEFENDER 110 DCPU XS
1984 RRC PICK UP
"SOD THE OZONE, I'M HAVIN' FUN AND THE WEATHER'S LOVELY"!!

Offline kevmann

Attack Member
Terrano parts
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 20:26:16 »
plenty of parts and accesseries for Nissans through TBR and Frogs Island to make all Nissans into great expedition or race vehicles.

Ouch to the MOT, what was wrong with it?

Plenty of cheap pattern parts from Milners in Derbyshire

Offline Jonathan M

Attack Member
Nissan Owners?
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 21:05:01 »
Depends what you want really. the T2 was never built or styled as a expedition type vehicle, but as far as parts for it I've got my eye on a winch bumper & underbody armour from a european source.

Parts, not had a problem, £140 for a OEM replacemnt clutch, relaible, comfortable.

It isn't fair to compare a new Defender with a 10 year old terrano, at 10 years old most vehicles will need some work for MOT, my last MOT & service cost £330, wagon needed a new exhaust front pipe, so cost was +++ more than usual.

Offline Terranger

Attack Member
Nissan Owners
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 22:59:31 »
Kevmann, Wish i'd known about TBR and Frogs Island doing expeditionary bits for Terrano's when I lived in Milton Keynes. I would have went to have a word. Oh well, such is life. Mind you, I've only just set up my internet site and didn't really have time to chat to people on this website, except through "Turtle's" computer, but I didn't want to be a pain in the ass going round to use his computer, although I was offered many times.
 I have seen TBR and Frog Island's ads in magazines, but thought they only catered for the Land Rover brand.
The list seemed endless to the faults needing done, and I was told that an "in-house Healthcheck" didn't constitute an M.O.T. and although I tried to claim back the money spent, they basically laughed in my face, as did the Head Office.
Have tried products from Milner, and the company who fitted the first clutch assembly kit phoned me and told that they couldn't move the vehicle as the kit was an inferior manufacture, and wouldn't work, so I had to get another one which cost me another bill of refitting a second clutch assembly kit, and it still slips slightly, so I adjust my driving to suit the clutch.
Jonathan M, I did try to get some answers at the Val D'Isere show I went to a few years ago, but the French vendors couldn't understand what I required, even though i pointed to the roof racks fitted to a Terrano and flashed some cash in their faces.
Didn't know about OEM parts.
I understand there is no comparison between the two vehicles, but I can't go on throwing good money after bad for the rest of the vehicle's life.
Don't get me wrong, the Terrano's given me sterling service, but I can't afford to keep it.
Thanks for your comments guys. might catch up with you in person one day.
2008 DEFENDER 110 DCPU XS
1984 RRC PICK UP
"SOD THE OZONE, I'M HAVIN' FUN AND THE WEATHER'S LOVELY"!!

Offline Jonathan M

Attack Member
Nissan Owners?
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 09:17:25 »
Roof rack wise I went for a Thule Expedition, along the lines of it will fit whatever vehicle I need it to using standard roof bars. Goot to say it does make the car look a bit more "spammed" than standard, and is handy for waffle boards, spade, strops etc when laning.

Might be worth you contacting the admin on www.nissan4x4ownersclub.co.uk and seeing if they will let you post your terrano for sale on the classifieds?

Offline ian,s zuki

Attack Member
Nissan Owners?
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 17:33:09 »
hi guys

whats the difference between the d21 and the d22 and how do you spot it as i've been looking at one for work and nothing eles will give 30 mpg

cheers ian

Offline martha focker

Attack Member
Nissan Owners?
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 11:11:23 »
our nissan 4.2 lwb patrol is megga, theres just nout that goes wrong on it, touch wood  :lol: real work horse. theres just nobody making any mods to them, so come on people make our day  8)
don't worry i'm here

www.gotmud.co.uk

www.rib.net

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
Nissan Owners?
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 21:22:46 »
I had a Navara D22 2.5 Sport for a year. I got 25-30 mpg, depending on how I was drving it.  I ran it on 100% biodiesel too, and it loved it.

Only thing I didn't like was the lightness on the rear end, had to put some weight in the back to even it out and get better handling.  Didn't rate it much in the snow either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*******    Greenworld Biodiesel Ltd, Brook Mill, Carr Lane, Slaithwaite, Huddersfield HD7 5BQ     *******

www.greenworldbiodiesel.co.uk ~ enqs@greenworldbiodiesel.co.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The use of vegetable oils for engine fuels may seem insignificant today.  But such oils may become, in the course of time, as important as petroleum and the coal tar products of the present day."  - Rudolph Diesel (1858-1913)

Offline SWEETY

Attack Member
Nissan Owners?
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 21:37:31 »
Snow whats that then :?  got my Terrano in october & we did'nt it any white stuff this year to play in so i've got no idea :cry:  :cry:  :cry: I'm praying it's going to be a good long hard (& very snowy)winter :roll:
I don't suffer insaity ! I enjoy it !!!

Disco 2 V8 powered

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal