AuthorTopic: range rover hard ride  (Read 280 times)

Offline blackbob

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
range rover hard ride
« on: March 09, 2007, 18:21:10 »
went to look at a 3.9 auto for the misses today and road tested it and the ride was excessivly harsh question is is it due to the anti roll bars cos mine dont have them and the ride is smoother if so i will need to look for one without anti roll bars
also didnt get it cos it was up for £1400 and needed welding on inner wings and rear arches and also needed complete exhaust system and two tyres and   a bonnet but he wouldnt drop his price
love's mud and lpg and the wife
skype ekken3011

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
range rover hard ride
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 19:07:00 »
It could of had heavy duty suspension fitted.  Anti-Roll bars cannot 'harden' the ride.  What they do is limit the body roll when inertia is trying to roll the vehicle, although axle articulation is limited somewhat by the anti-roll bars but they do not hinder it enough to cause problems on greenlanes.

Out of personal preference I would much rather have one with anti-roll bars (and maybe even better, polybushes all round with Monroe Gas Dampers! :D )

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
range rover hard ride
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 21:25:57 »
I've got one that needs welding and a lot less other parts than that and I won't be asking £1400 :shock:

In fact the body is mint really, maybe I should try and sell it in your neckof the woods :?
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal