AuthorTopic: New look forum  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Andy.

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
New look forum
« on: October 04, 2003, 20:19:40 »
This is not a moan just a question for those who have the means to do things.

Hit my favourite link to the forum and at first I thought that maybe I had forgotton to log off yesterday, as it looked as if I was logged on.

Seen the new threads and excellent idea to include more 4x4's and why not,the more members we can attract the better  :D

To my point, do people not think that by making all (vehicle) threads open to the world wide web, as before you had to be a member to view these, the forum is know well not really just for members. OK so you have to register in order to post but you can still see whats been put.

Anyway like I said not moaning just wondering what others thought and why this approach has been taken.
Andy Member # 8

My Webshots  (updated 19.06.05)

ChrisW

New look forum
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 20:29:43 »
I think its a good idea, people are more likely to have a read and then register to have a say or ask a question.

I had noticed that the questions section for the uninitiated had been cleansed which probably didn't prompt people to look further into the site/register - having some boards available, people will be more inclined to have a read through and then register to see what else is here.

Chris

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
New look forum
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 20:34:15 »
the logic is that by opening the forums for viewing only then we can appeal to a wider audience, and hopefully expand our members list.

Just like any other club we are going to need to attract new members,  even though we are planning on remaining "free" we still need something to attract them.  We have a *long* list of ideas for the mud-club, and it was thought that opening our borders a little would make the club seem more open, friendly and have less of a "closed door" feel.

essentially, we figured we didn't really have much to hide :)

You'll see several new forums perhaps appear shortly, as well as other *exciting* new features .. keep watching ;)
--

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
New look forum
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2003, 20:36:05 »
Quote from: "ChrisW70"
I think its a good idea, people are more likely to have a read and then register to have a say or ask a question.

I had noticed that the questions section for the uninitiated had been cleansed which probably didn't prompt people to look further into the site/register - having some boards available, people will be more inclined to have a read through and then register to see what else is here.

Chris

As it happens it was "cleansed" with the rather innacurate placement of a "delete" button...

Please feel free to add something to it :)
--

Offline Andy.

Attack Member
New look forum
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2003, 20:49:46 »
Cool no worries just wondering what the thinking behind the idea was  :D

New 'forums' I'm on enough forums as it is, only so many hours in the day to read them as it is  :(

Or did you mean new threads  :?:

Exciting new features where on Mud  :?:
Andy Member # 8

My Webshots  (updated 19.06.05)

Offline BrumLee

Attack Member
New look forum
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2003, 22:57:16 »
I hope Mr. Selfridge doesn't come to haul me off to court for defacing his new building in the Bull Ring, Birmingham :cry:  I've turned it into our new international HQ and you can see it in the Seven Wonders of the Industrial World thread :lol:
Lee from Brum

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
New look forum
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2003, 23:49:58 »
Quote from: "Sheen"
Exciting new features where on Mud  :?:

Patience grasshopper
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal