AuthorTopic: rear cappings  (Read 459 times)

Offline Snooky

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
rear cappings
« on: February 25, 2007, 22:04:27 »
Looking at removing the rear cappings and treating the body work around them to a nice rub down and nice bit of etch primer.
But was thinking for the price to just replace the cappings as these are showing signs of corrosion, but what to buy, black painted ones or galvanised, not worried about the colour as such as might do something with that later in the year, but which would be better? No real difference in price so what would you choose?

Also is there anything else that can be done to the alu body to help stop the bubbling?
Defender 90- No more
BMW R1150GS
Triumph Street Triple

http://www.tv4x4.co.uk/

Offline Tinks

Attack Member
rear cappings
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 21:08:42 »
Hellooooooooo

Mate i would definatey go for the galvanised ones, they would match your tread plate on the wings better than the black ones & they'll last longer than the painted ones!

I could be wrong but i dont reckon there's much you can do about alu body work, other than sanding it down toget rid of most of the corrosion before it gets to bad and gettin it painted properly wit primer first & all that

Ne Way let me know what you choose!
THE BRIGHTER THE BETTER!

Offline electricbluebadger

Attack Member
rear cappings
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 22:19:35 »
Get some secondhand series LWB ones n cut em down to suit, galvanised as standard, done mine and they are far better, no more worries that they will be bubbling n rotting out 6 months down the line...

pics on my site under the defender section

Cheers Steve

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal