AuthorTopic: Emmisions tweaks  (Read 303 times)

Offline burgerman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
Emmisions tweaks
« on: January 05, 2007, 16:56:50 »
Howdy all,   I know i have posted in the "wrong section" But need as much help in a short period of time Please??

Got a V8 disco 3.5 efi 1991  

Any how failed MoT  yesterday on a couple of trivial items, But the main area is emissions---  its running @ 6 and should be 3.5 max,  Its had a recent air filter, and runs swwwwwweeeat. I have put a large dose of injector cleaner through  it and had a blast down the motorway for a few junctions,  but can it be adjusted ?? i know it will need to be done whilst on the analyzer (is that how its spelt?)  But need to know what and how  and of course if  to adjust it   Going to do an oil n filter change also, might help?? but if not im sure the engine will appreciate it anyhow,,                              Many thanks for any help??
TD5 with a few Tweaks ;o)
a bit more fuel friendly than the V8

Offline bezzabsa

Attack Member
  • I'm BACK..possibly..LOL
  • Referrals: 0
Emmisions tweaks
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 17:20:13 »
rip the airfilter out ;)
Be afraid. Be very afraid
YAM YAM SQUAD
Life's a journey - so remember to pay FULL fare!

Offline gtomo2

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Emmisions tweaks
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 17:29:03 »
Yea it can be adjusted if look by the air filter you will see a box on the air intake between the air filter and the pantuim chamber on the side of this box there will be either a plug covering a hole or a hole if plug is already out. inside that hole is a allen head nut by turning it you bring the to hot wires inside it either closer or further apart this will in turn weaken or richen the mixture. But is best to do it on a aniliser?(spelling) as its a fine tweek and if not careful will put you emissions well out.
Hope that helps
Mr Graeme Thomas (tomo)
300 TDi Discovery - So i can go fording
Stop laughing put the camera down AND PASS ME THE TOW ROPE !! PLEASE

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal