AuthorTopic: A Prayer for the stressed.  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Andy.

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
A Prayer for the stressed.
« on: September 29, 2003, 23:24:43 »
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill today, because they got on my nerves.

And also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on today, as they may be connected to the feet I may have to kiss tomorrow.

Help me always to give 100% at work.....

12% on Monday
23% on Tuesday
40% on wednesday
20% on Thursday

and 5% on Friday.

And help me to remember......

When I'm having a bad day and it seems that people are trying to wind me up, it takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile and only 4 to extend my arm and smack someone in the mouth !
Andy Member # 8

My Webshots  (updated 19.06.05)

Offline Moose

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 19:45:24 »
I needed that today,

I seem to have upset Uncle Henry ( or rather one of my employees have sent him some duff parts)
Chris Gorvin

Shiny Blue Crew 002 -2004 Discovery TD5 'Monte'
Shiny Blue Crew 012 - 2002 Suzuki Jimny 'Jimbo'
2002 Avondale Rialto 550-4 'Dopey'

ICQ 337908510
www.off.road.club4x4.net
www.northmidlands-doc.co.uk
http://community.webshots.com/user/shinymoose

Offline wifey

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 20:22:07 »
ah, but were you attacked?
I was - verbally and (almost) physically.
And remember what I do for a living... :cry:
cheers! 8)
tina
Shiny Blue Crew Disco 200 Tdi J236 RVM
as yet unamed (aww!) Defender 90 2.25D E50 KEH
thrive under pressure and seize the day!
www.thriveunderpressure.com

Offline Colin 009

Attack Member
    • High Wycombe
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 00:32:01 »
Dont get me started on Idiots who think its clever to walk straight into you as your walking down the local High street, this has happened to me twice in 4 days  :x  
 I'm beginning to think its a new Sport in Wembley( where I live). Todays Idiot amazed me in that I happened to be walking down the pavement level with 2 street wardens ( We have them here, supposedly to prevent crime  :roll: ). There was not enough of a gap for anyone to walk between us, But this Idiot decided he was going throw the gap at the last minute he extended his ebows outwards to make sure he made as much contact as possiable.
 The Street warden he hit did nothing just Looked on in amazement as the Idiot walked on up the road, I pointed out that what had happened could deemed assualt and all they ( the Street Wardens) could do was agree. They made not attemped to stop the Idiot and I just thought whats the point in wasting tax payers money on these poeple who are ment to protect the average person from Idiots.

So dont get me started  :evil:
Cheers.
Colin,
Shiny Blue Crew 009
                   "Everbody Has to be Somewhere"

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 09:47:59 »
'Nothing helps a bad mood, like spreading it around', as Garfield (I think) used to say.
Well he's a cartoon cat, so it actually was Jim Bensons(?) phrase.

Know what you mean about the idiot-brigade. I work in an A&E department, that's fun on a Friday/Saturday night. Using the entrance (& waiting room) as a toilet/sick-bowl, take-aways left strewn all over, fighting 'in lumps'.

The NHS ought to be able to charge the b*ggers for their treatment if it's alcohol related, after all it's self-inflicted, no-one makes them drink so much.
After all they post out bills for pharmacy items dispensed out of hours, it's only the next logical step.
Either that or give them a mop bucket and we'll watch them clean up :D  

Unfortunately it's getting worse all the time, people complaining (in all sorts of terms) that their little Freddy has to wait 4 hours to see a Doctor.
They don't understand (even when it's carefully explained) that patients are seen on priority not arrival time.

Rant over :)

Top Tip For The Day;
Never, ever, drop a 9' angle-grinder that is still running onto your shins. It makes one hell of a mess.
Apparantly it hurts as well.
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal