AuthorTopic: Late good deed of 2006  (Read 277 times)

Offline C C

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Late good deed of 2006
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:01:38 »
While returning to the Muddy marshside car park with my dog on New Years Eva. I could here the distinctive sound of revving diesel engine and spinning wheels. A man with a Transit had driven it too far onto some soft ground and couldn't get any traction to reverse out.
Always happy to help. I backed the Disco up behind and using a length of his rope we had in on firm ground in no time.
OK so last good turn of the year.

What did get to me was that two birdwatchers standing only a few feet away were totally ignoring this chap. They hadn't even walked over to see if they could help. Their total disinterest was astounding. Given that this was about a mile down a dirt track and then another mile or more to the town, an offer of a push, a  phone or lift to get help might have been appreciated if I had not turned up. Their Golf even had a tow-ball and would have probably get him out.
But no they stood there looking through their equipment pretending he wasn't there.

I'm sure they would have been glad of an offer of help from the Transit man if their car had broken down.
C C

TD5 Disco.
Kawasaki ZZR600.

Offline blackbob

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Late good deed of 2006
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 13:31:00 »
some people just dont help anybody but they are the first to moan if they need help
love's mud and lpg and the wife
skype ekken3011

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal