AuthorTopic: lose knobs...  (Read 731 times)

Offline bigant

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • hmm whats this then...
  • Referrals: 0
lose knobs...
« on: December 23, 2006, 15:13:53 »
found another minor problem on my little landyrover ^^ the gearstick is lose in the ball join thing its supposed to be attached to it turns all over the place when you try to change gear and would probs come out totaly if i pulled it. anyone else had a simler problem? and any idea how to fix it? would a spot of weld be ok or would that be problematic?....
any ideas anyone?
And the Leaf spring shall be made legion. Its numbers shall be increased a thousand thousand fold. The din of a million Series like unto a great storm shall cover the earth, and the followers of the Coil shall tremble - ollr 15:4

Offline mark.yellow.series.3

Attack Member
lose knobs...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 22:32:52 »
take the gearbox tunnel out and have a butchers, there dead simple.  :D

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
lose knobs...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 17:02:34 »
This is an EASY one to solve.

Dont do as I did and take all the floors out to get the gearbox tunnel out and then find there was no need.

I will bet 90% that it is a tiny grub screw where the gear lever meets the gear box. It is on the side and is prob about a 2-3mm allen key size tiny tiny bolt that has vibrated out. I took all my gear lever out and took it to a garage and said why did you bring all this in, all you need is 1 of these. The screw cant be much longer then 5-7mm and as i said it has a allen key head on it.

If you have a rubber sleeve over the bottom of the gear lever it is under there.
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal