AuthorTopic: Series 3 wiring haha!  (Read 846 times)

Offline lampyrover31

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Series 3 wiring haha!
« on: December 20, 2006, 21:15:55 »
Ola,finally got back to the series 3 today to look at the wiring.After the replies last time I have looked and I don't think its ex military and it has 4 fuses.Now for the fun bit it has a perkins diesel and a 110 rh drive speedo/dials.the indicators,brake lights,wipers and all gauges work.I have a bunch of cables that I assume is for dipped beam,heater main beam.None of the colours match the series diagram I have found.I am thinking about disconnecting the warning lights on the dash  and just keeping the gauges but don't know what's what.Any help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase,I am trying to keep it running so don't really want to rip it all out just get rid of the mess.
if it helps there is a purple wire from the fuse box to the indicator stem,in the bunch of cables there are 2 sets of red,blue and green cables and  and a couple of brown and white ones.
What do all the cables on the back of the round ignition bit do?is there a voltage regulator and where?What's the spring looking thing bolted to the bulkhead for?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Lampyrover.
K Reg disco! 5 door and a big smile on my face!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal