AuthorTopic: alternator probs  (Read 1072 times)

Offline boycarp

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
alternator probs
« on: October 16, 2006, 16:50:51 »
right changed the alternator after the old one ate it's bearings. but now everything seems to be working ok but the timing belt light and the filter light are on and the alternator light stays on after the engine is running.  

not to sure why it might be like this theres no wires not connected or anything like that
Jayson

Offline crazycol

Attack Member
hi mate
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 21:57:23 »
hi mate i no its been a long time since you had these problems, but i have got the same lights comin on now, its since the weekend wen i did some wading, lol, now my brushes on alternator were stuck in, but they are now free, th ligts went off, then fter about 5 mins of idle, the lights are back on, checked fuses etc, brucshes still ok, when i tae charge fuse out, all the lights go off,

what was your problem???

can you advise???

cheers mate

Col
mud makes great toothpaste

Offline Ja1983

Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
alternator probs
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 12:58:42 »
suspect duff alternator?

timing belt light may be co-incidental, when was the belt last done?

might be worth taking out and cleaning off the alternator.. get a multimeter on it and check the output (14.4v min?)

good luck!

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal