AuthorTopic: First Time Out  (Read 738 times)

Offline wetnwild

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
First Time Out
« on: September 07, 2006, 00:39:47 »
Hi Guys,

Can I firstly say thannks to all who have helped me in the past couple of weeks - both on here and also via email.  It's all been appreciated.

Anyways,  this Sunday is the first time that Maddy is going out for a drive in the country.  Driving around town is fine and I know what she can and can't do.

However, being the first time that i'm taking her offroad and to be honest, the first time that i'll be driving offroad myself, is there anything that I need to know?  The big do's and don'ts etc.  Any tips?

Cheers,
Nick.

PS.  I'm going to the Aldermaston course down here in Berkshire if anybody else is happening that way...
1982 Series III 109" Diesel (41,099 Mi)
1996 Discovery 300tdi (209,638 Mi)
1994 Discovery 300tdi (70,000 Mi)

http://www.4x4-withoutaclub.co.uk/

Offline Robbo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
First Time Out
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 10:38:43 »
This might sound obvious but....SLOW SLOW SLOW, if driven slowly -low box maybe second or third, then you get to see what problems are infront of you and have the time to react,
Water is always deeper than you think!
Nasty things lay under the surface!
Best to go with someone else esp first time - who is goiung to tow you out if you get stuck?
Take your phone and OS maps-even if you know the area well.
Contact your local club members - they love to come and play and help.
Check that the offroad bits you are drving can still be driven legally !

But do have fun most importantly

I'm sure others will add to this list, but don't forget the fun bit -its important!  :lol:
Daisy SWB series 3 station wagon, 1975 and pretty in mud

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal