AuthorTopic: Series 3 Voltage Regulator...  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Andy the Landy

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Series 3 Voltage Regulator...
« on: August 07, 2006, 22:59:13 »
.....How is it supposed to be wired :? . According to the wiring diagram there are 2 wires attached. The regulator itself has 4 wire lugs on the back. Mine only has one wire attached - which lug does the other wire go to :?: .
Also, mines bolted to the back of the speedo, should it be bolted to the water temp gauge :?:
Cheers
Andy

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 23:31:41 »
Looking and the manual, its attached to the back of the speedo and the two cables i can see are green (terminal b) and light green(terminal I) looking directly at the back of the regulator & speedo the green is on the left side
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline Andy the Landy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 00:18:03 »
Cheers Hobbit and thanks for PM :D  Already got the manual and can see the 2 green wires attached per pics. Trouble is, my regulator has 4 spades for attaching wires. One is attached nearest the speedo and as for the other, not sure which one to connect to :?  I have a feeling its on its way out so multimeter isnt making much sense
Cheers
Andy :D

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 14:03:59 »
See if there is a number on the unit, it may  have an after market one, also I should think the regulator isn't that expensive to replace anyway

Waiting to see that I've put foot in mouth again by not knowing the prices

Just looked at a spare one in the shed, the double connectors are for more than one feed, they are in pairs, more than likely just for extra wiring to be added if needed

each pair are connected to the same points through a rivet. if that makes sense :?
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline Andy the Landy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 21:41:27 »
cheers hobbit that helps 8) . The number on it is 073. Will get a new one - only 6 quid from Paddocks - so you can remove your foot from your mouth :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal