AuthorTopic: CRAG Partner with Powys CC to get TROs Lifted  (Read 2328 times)

Offline paul_humphreys

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
CRAG Partner with Powys CC to get TROs Lifted
« on: April 25, 2006, 18:27:40 »

The Countryside Recreational Access Group and Powys County Council have agreed to work together to lift the TROs on some of Mid Wales most popular lanes.

CRAG will provide volunteer labour and some plant and equipment whilst the ROW department will supply stone and other materials to complete the works.

A survey and works schedule has been jointly produced by the Powys’ Senior Rights of Way Maintenance Officer and the CRAG Regional Team Leader.

Work on the first two byways at Llanoley aka Slasher Alley will commence during May. It is proposed that the project will be completed in two phases, the first will involve the digging of drainage ditches to remove the various areas of standing water. The second phase will involve the laying of up to 250 tonnes of stone in the worst affected areas and deepest ruts.

There are currently six TROs on Powys Byways and it is hoped that most of these can be lifted over the next two years by close co-operation between CRAG and Powys ROW Department.

Anyone who is interested and able to lend a hand in these works is asked to register their interest by email to Powys@crag-uk.org  so that more information can be provided once project dates have been agreed.

This is an edit as I can not post a reply.

Most of the work that is done by CRAG members is done in the area that they live and people are willing to help.

I have a meeting planned with NCC ROW office to try to get some work done down there. It will mean a day off of work for me, but I am wiling to give it a go. Some council’s will not let volunteers work on byways.
There is nothing stopping anyone approaching the local council and asking if they can plan something. Even if it’s just cutting back a few branches.  It’s up to someone to get up and do something about it and not moan about the fact that nothing is been done. Another point is that CRAG is only 6 months old, I for one think in that time we have done quite a lot, others might not, but each to their own.

Paul
LC 80 series 1993. 285/75/16s Cooper STTs, OME 850s on the front with 25mm packer, 868s on the rear. 4.88 diffs. Winch bumper with 12000lb winch. Factory lockers. HD rear bumper with wheel carrier and winch mount.

http://www.crag-uk.org

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 19:59:02 »
it may be me, but why does all of the progress appear to be in powys/Wales???
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 20:45:03 »
Nice one :D
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline SteveG

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 21:05:58 »
Quote from: "davidlandy"
it may be me, but why does all of the progress appear to be in powys/Wales???

Maybe that's where people are getting off their arse and doing something about it? I could be wrong though :wink:

Steve

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 21:13:45 »
thanks for that Steve,

so they are in fact a local association and not a national one then.  

thanks
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Offline smo

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 21:13:50 »
Sounds excellent, sadly with it being a 3-4hr drive if i am up north, and a 6ish hour drive if down south i sadly cannot feasably offer help :(

Good luck with it tho chaps :)
'04 90 TD5 - Written off :(

200TDi 90 Hardtop

TD5 North Offroad D-Lander coming soon!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal