AuthorTopic: Many oil leaks!  (Read 907 times)

Offline Andy C

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Many oil leaks!
« on: April 24, 2006, 20:29:49 »
Hi to everyone. Bought an 84 RR v8 LPG this weekend and looking for some help with various bits wrong with it. The steering box seems to be leaking badly from the steering column input shaft as the whole chasssis member and uj on the steering column are wet through with oil. How much of a job is this to fix? There is also a leak which seems to be from the top of the engine inside the V under the carb manifolds. Is this a common thing? any ideas?
Would appreciate any other pointers or tips or things to look out for on these as Ive never had any dealings with 4x4s before.
Went for a little play off road on Sun and got bogged down to my rear axle almost straight away :shock: Fortunatly my mate pulled me out with his little tracked thing :oops:  Good fun though
Thanks in advance
Andy

Offline Garth

Attack Member
Many oil leaks!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 22:58:33 »
Dont do anything
Wait and see how much oil its using first,  a little oil spreads a long way.  The underneath of mine is covered but only a few spots on the drive after 1.5 years.  And it stops rust.
"WINNE"
1991 VOUGE SE A WITH LPG
LOOKS GOOD (BUT LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING)
"TIGGER"
1995 SUZUKI VITARA
1" LIFT
225/75X15 AT'S

Offline poorman

Attack Member
Many oil leaks!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 00:37:11 »
don't worry about it yet i own Hang Over and it does more oil than petrol :twisted:
get well soon!!!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal