AuthorTopic: Stop solenoid etc?????  (Read 714 times)

Offline _topcat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Stop solenoid etc?????
« on: April 24, 2006, 17:20:58 »
Hi, just replaced the head on my 300 tdi disco. since putting it all back to gether i have insufficient feed to the stop solenoid. the glowplug relay has power to it and from the ignition but no glow plug light, glow plug heat, stop soleniod but the starter does turn.
When i bypass the relay and put 12v to the stop soleniod it fires up no worries. i have taken the cap off the relay and operated it manually, i can get heat to the glow plugs but still no light on dash and no power to the stop sol.  I have replaced the relay but its still the same. i have checked continuity of the wire to the stop sol. all fine. the relay does give out 0.04v to the stop sol and the dash light but this isn t enough.
Any clues from our resident experts? I am a bit lost now and fear i have over looked something obvious...
Many thanks in advance.

Offline _topcat

Attack Member
Stop solenoid etc?????
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 08:59:22 »
Any thoughts chaps?

Offline imspanners

Attack Member
Stop solenoid etc?????
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 13:53:27 »
Have you checked the fuses?

Fuse 3 (seperate row on left-hand?, of interior fusebox) is the control for glowplugs and the stop-solenoid.

Offline _topcat

Attack Member
Stop solenoid etc?????
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 17:20:14 »
Oh my god... that was it. well that and a few other fuses but thank you very much. i had over looked something so simple.
Back on the road again. well MOT time but great. 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal