AuthorTopic: hilux diesel conversion  (Read 1155 times)

Offline MONSTERTRUCKMAN

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
hilux diesel conversion
« on: April 05, 2006, 21:12:56 »
i am wanting to fit a diesel in my toyota hilux mk1 but something with lots of grunt. does anyone have any comments?  :?:
hilux mk1 with mk3 2.4d engine. bobed 18 inches, full soft top, 9 inches of lift, full exo cage with swing out tyre carrier, front tubular winchbumper with x9, rock sliders, rear tube bumper, 5 speed box, front truetrac and rear arb lockers, twin transfer case adapter with 4.7 crawler gears,20 forward and 4 reverse gears, 38 inch super swampers , rear disc brake conversion, transmission disc parking brake, 5.29 ring & pinnions ,rear bench seat,hand throtle,custom storage boxes, custom made snorkel,onboard air compressor,cb radio,twin bateries,split charge system,diff guards, low profile gearbox mount.30mm wheel spacers
re-built mk3 front axel

Offline Ja1983

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
  • Referrals: 0
hilux diesel conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 16:21:16 »
landcruiser lump!

dont bother with the 2.4 N/A or the turbo, the N/A is about as grunty as a flymo, and the turbo version will eat cylinder heads.

but a nice big LC lump would probly do the job. steal other parts off the doner while your there, diffs, props and brakes!

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal