AuthorTopic: series 2a radiator mount  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Axle

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
series 2a radiator mount
« on: June 13, 2004, 13:24:27 »
Hi all
  I just bought this months landrover world mag and near the end it had an advertisment for the Landrover world show and underneath it ,it had a picture
of a series 2a , which had a radiator or what looks like an intercooler mounted in the dip in the grill .Does anyone no if that would work .

For anyone who bought the magazine it is on  page 170  

Rob

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
series 2a radiator mount
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 13:27:05 »
Not seen the picture, but I'm guessing it's either an oil cooler, or the vehicle has been retrofit with a Turbo D or Tdi engine and it's an intercooler.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Axle

Attack Member
series 2a radiator mount
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 14:07:27 »
Thanks Muddyweb. do you think it would be a hard job to fit a TDi engine into a  2a  :?:

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
series 2a radiator mount
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 14:24:59 »
Depends a lot on how you define 'hard'

It's been done by a few people and as far as I know, there are conversion kits available to get it to mate to the gearbox.

As with any engine conversion, there will be many hurdles to overcome.  For my money....  I don't think I'd bother to go to all that trouble on a Series vehicle.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Offline Axle

Attack Member
series 2a radiator mount
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 14:31:48 »
I suppose youre right . Would a kit like that be meaga bucks

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
series 2a radiator mount
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 15:35:27 »
Guessing here, but I'd expect a new kit to be around the 200-300 quid mark.  You are looking at 800+ quid for a Tdi engine, and that's before you get onto all the other fiddly bits, ancilliaries etc.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Offline Axle

Attack Member
series 2a radiator mount
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 17:21:33 »
Thanks for the info . I think i might do my homework on this, it seems like a good plan . Ill keep ya posted on how it develops .

Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal