AuthorTopic: Spare Sockets  (Read 1121 times)

Offline 4RAVer

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Spare Sockets
« on: March 31, 2006, 20:24:56 »
I need to fit a couple of spare sockets in my Rav4 to power my DVD player for the kids and my kettle...I have a spare tow bar electrics and wondered if I can use this, after ll they all use the standard cigarette lighter socket so theoretically I could wire up a bank in the back of the car. advice needed.

Offline Damonski

Attack Member
  • Cheshire :)
Spare Sockets
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 20:29:06 »
Yep, no problems that I see, just watch you dont overload the source power feed that you'll be tapping into.
--

Damian

Range Rover Classic 2.4TD  | Disco 300 Mpi | Citroen Xantia Activa
plus other rainy day projects....

Facebook Me

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
Spare Sockets
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 20:36:33 »
Quote from: "Damo"
Yep, no problems that I see, just watch you dont overload the source power feed that you'll be tapping into.

Also make sure you get the right one... else the DVD will be on-off-on-off-on-off   ;-)

In all seriousness, the kettle might be drawing a fair bit of current.. so just make sure that whatever you are connecting to is protected by a fuse somewhere in the vehicle
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline 4RAVer

Attack Member
Spare sockets
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 13:16:40 »
I saw a nice bit of kit in Halfords of all places which has a maximum rating of ten amps with three spare sockets that slots directly into the cig lighter socket...I will modify this and use it through a fuse block and mount it in the back of the car...I just dont know if the power feed on the old towbar is enough to run it...ah well its a suck it and see thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal