AuthorTopic: NIssan Terrano II clutch problems  (Read 7331 times)

Offline syngress

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
NIssan Terrano II clutch problems
« on: March 25, 2006, 23:32:16 »
I have a problem with the clutch in my nissan terrano, this has only just happened and there were no warning noises or problems, you can get the car into gear ok but on releasing the clutch you get no drive at all and the engine revs freely, but if you press the clutch as hard as you can to the floor the clutch then seems to enage a small amount and you get a very small amount of drive to the wheels, but you also got a nasty whine. Its almost like the clutch needs to be readjusted but I am not sure how this is done on the terrano, anybody have any ideas for me to look at tomorrow morning?

Thanks.....

hingmy

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 21:55:37 »
interesting. Sorry i haven't a clue since mine istill under warranty and dealer serviced, but after a complaint about rumbling noises a mech at the dealer let slip a comment mentioning concern about the cluch on these vehicles.
Let me know what you found.

Offline justinmud

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 16:49:07 »
Hi, try changing the clutch fluid drain the clutch fluid altogether and refill with fresh brake/clutch fluid mine was the same as you described i did this and now im back on the road.

Offline Jonathan M

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 13:58:21 »
What age/model is the vehicle?

In the late 90's there seems to have been a clutch problem, with weak plates, the symptoms of this begins as rather obvious clutch slip until the clucth goes big style.

What you describe might be (as suggested above) a hydraulic type problem, although this isn't too common a problem to the best of my knowledge.

try www.nissan4x4ownersclub.co.uk for some marque specific information.
Nissan terrano 2 SWB Kumho tyres hella lights

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 15:46:22 »
Well I hope he's got this sorted by now anyway as it's 2 months since it was posted but sounds like the clutch cover has collapsed to me, hence do pressure on plate and no drive, but if you push really hard on the clutch the release bearing is pushing on the plate hard enough to get some drive but accompanied by "nasty whine".

Have you got this sorted syngress, what was it?
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal