AuthorTopic: Bad news  (Read 7303 times)

Offline Dave

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
Bad news
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 17:29:29 »
Well then how bad is this :cry: I fear this is the end of a good friend :cry:
DAVE
MUD-CLUB MEMBER 333

Disco TDI 1998
 Disco TDI 1993    K333 MUD
 Disco TDI 1994
 90  N/A soon to be TDI 1993
 Series 3 1971
 R33 Skyline GTS-T

Offline bezzabsa

Attack Member
  • I'm BACK..possibly..LOL
  • Referrals: 0
Be afraid. Be very afraid
YAM YAM SQUAD
Life's a journey - so remember to pay FULL fare!

Offline mark.yellow.series.3

Attack Member
Bad news
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 18:04:40 »
it looks nasty but when thats all cut out it doesnt look half as bad. might be worth you buying a machine mart shot blasting gun to really clean up those areas to get a good repair.

Offline SimonHarwood

Attack Member
Bad news
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 13:00:52 »
Quote from: "Dave"
Well then how bad is this :cry: I fear this is the end of a good friend :cry:

If it is just the three areas shown in the pictures then it is not going to be a problem to fix. I've welded worse, some of which has been in less accessible areas. (If there is space to get a camera in then there is plenty of space for a mig welder...)

Simon..
Gas Main works are like ants... You never see them in the winter, but once the summer arrives they appear everywhere.

Offline James.Harwood

Attack Member
Bad news
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 08:42:07 »
At the moment Simon is welding worse than that (rebuilt an entire outrigger yesterday more to be done today), he is the bearded one who comes to hinkley occasionally.  

This does unfortunately look like one that wasn't washed down after playing for a while.

How to keep a goood chassi, always wash the mud off.

Offline Inked_Raven

Attack Member
Bad news
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2006, 13:28:43 »
I too agree with the "Weld It" sentiments.  Simon, James and I spent last year getting my Series III on the road.   The welding included a new fueltank hangar and rebuilding the chassis arround the front bump stops (everything but the top plate) plus the plating various holes librally srinkled over the front cross member and elsewhere on the chassis.
1981 Series III 88", 2.25 Petrol otherwise known as:-
The Large Green Coffee Cup holder.

Offline Lee_D

Attack Member
Bad news
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2006, 14:22:49 »
Oh HELL!

I've been resigned to the fact that my IIa needs a new chassis for over 12 months he has sat there "Percy" as we call him.

It would be 18 months ago I rebuilt my Rangie after a collision, I got a plasma cutter with the pay out to fix it (sills both sides)... then stood on the drive chatting to my Dad.. I said I'd get stuck in on the IIa as I'd recently removed the Jag lump and put a V8 in it's place on the 3 speed auto that nestles in there. I said to Dad it would probably need welding... prodded the chassis near to the last plate I put on and punched a hole through.

It was too wet and cold and I was too disinterested having just rebuilt the Rangie to prod any further... so there it has sat for 18 months untouched and neglected, even stopped work on the fitting of the replacment engine as I thought it would all have to come out anyway.

Just read this thread.... looked out, nice and sunny.... thought what the hell and went out for 10 minutes prodding.

:(biggrin):

After all that worry of cost and time all it needs is some large plates welding on so a big Thankyou from me and a bigger one from Percy =D>
Currently : ' 03 Range Rover Vogue TD6 Auto, '90 110 CSW TD
Previously : 101 Ambi Prototype, Jaguar powered IIa Auto , '83 RRC , '90 RRC , '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal