AuthorTopic: Secret Codes At Dealers ??????  (Read 1507 times)

Offline fudge

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Green Oval Recovery... Chl 30 Shout Help Im Stuck!
  • Referrals: 0
Secret Codes At Dealers ??????
« on: February 22, 2006, 18:50:03 »
Took the Freelander into the stealer for the second time for the juddddddder and an apparent "flat spot", I noticed on the Job Card that under my printed name and address etc was hand written UHC......

Call me sinical but is this secret code for

Un
Happy
Customer

Anyway, what happened was after the first visit when they told me that the Judddddddddder was a characteristic of the model was that Landrover through some P.R company sent me a satisfaction survey for the work that it had been in for...... Obviously I slated them and then consented to them knowing my comments and personal details..... Thats why I wonder what UHC means....

Buy Joy of Joy......

They've now faulted the MAF sensor, Driveshaft and something else drive train wise and are replacing the second rear lamp unit!

Fingers crossed........ I'll be able to pull the caravan without it jumping out of gear from the Judddddderrrrr!

Offline V8MoneyPit

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Secret Codes At Dealers ??????
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 18:11:12 »
It's not uncommon for production lines to have codes on cars.... for example a show car might be coded so that workers put more effort into it  :shock: Why all cars don't have the same effort, I don't understand. But a code would be used so that anyone walking the line who wouldn't normally be there wouldn't know.

So I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were right.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal