AuthorTopic: 1993 3.9 rrc central locking  (Read 1990 times)

Offline clairedave

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • d2 v8 4.0 es bob
    • Minworth Sutton Coldfield
  • Referrals: 0
1993 3.9 rrc central locking
« on: February 12, 2006, 08:37:57 »
central locking .hi guys thanks for help ,have changed control unit and fitted two lots of actuator units and still doors wont lock, from drivers side then i had an idea!.could it be alarm as thats playing up,so have spent 2hours removing alarm fixing all wiring as we go .but still the same  :twisted: have even tryed kicking it but that hurt its got me beat at moment,

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 21:23:04 »
So it locks from Passenger's side, does it lock from the alarm? and doesn't lock from driver's side, even when you've changed the actuators and control box?

Time to check for a broken wire, a multi wire system like yours should have all the same coloured wires ganged together, check them from one side to the other, stuff like that.

Oh, and have you checked the adjustment of the mechanism? if not try disconnecting the actuator and moving it by hand.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline FITZ4X4

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 07:30:20 »
I'm watching this with intrest as I have exactly the same problem on my 1989 3.9 Rnagie.
The central locking was working perfectly until about a week ago. Now, if I lock it from the drivers side (with key or from inside) it locks then imediatley unlocks it's self. If I lock from the passengers side all works OK ??
I've tried disconnecting the tailgate lock to see if that was causing the problem but that has no effect.
btw, I don't have an alram so that rules the alarm issue out on mine.

Offline Greybeard

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 17:02:17 »
Quote from: "FITZ4X4"
I'm watching this with intrest as I have exactly the same problem on my 1989 3.9 Rnagie.
The central locking was working perfectly until about a week ago. Now, if I lock it from the drivers side (with key or from inside) it locks then imediatley unlocks it's self. If I lock from the passengers side all works OK ??
I've tried disconnecting the tailgate lock to see if that was causing the problem but that has no effect.
btw, I don't have an alram so that rules the alarm issue out on mine.

Mine does the same, but i think it is down to adjustment. I have replaced the clips on O/S rods that link key with lock and since then i sometimes have the unlock / lock scenario. I have to strip n/s door to fit new window channel and will drop a line if and when i have adjusted / cured / smashed the central locking mechanism.

regards
Steve

Just to add for the sake of clarity, mine does all this but n/s is the one that locks / unlocks not drivers. I just replaced the clips that were missing on the o/s.
1999 Disco V8i  mmmmm  nice. LPG Conv.
1990 3.9i Vogue SE offroader.
2" suspension lift including Shock mounts.
OMVL LPG Kit, 10 Bolt Heads, 2" Body lift.
265 x 85 x 16 Grizzly Claws. MPS 4x4 Steering Guard.
SuperWinch EPi9, First 4x4 Winchbumper.
Braided brake lines. Sraight Thru pipe instead of back box for that delicious noise , mmmmm !!!!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 19:20:11 »
I think you are right, if you hold the motor in your hand and operate it you'll find it pulses back to centre when all the other doors lock/unlock.  If the adjustment is wrong it will unlock, unblocking all the other doors.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline clairedave

Attack Member
  • d2 v8 4.0 es bob
    • Minworth Sutton Coldfield
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 20:53:42 »
:D hi done it ,replaced driver actuator with new one and fitted it with plate in same place as old one and door would not lock .it cannot be parts as new. so adjusted as far forward the lock as possable and doors all lock ok ,actuator on drivers door is main unit and they wear out before rest this is a common fault according to landrover hope this helps all that have same problem as i did , many thanks to all that helped me sort problem out

Offline Greybeard

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 11:21:45 »
Well done ........good job then.  :wink:
1999 Disco V8i  mmmmm  nice. LPG Conv.
1990 3.9i Vogue SE offroader.
2" suspension lift including Shock mounts.
OMVL LPG Kit, 10 Bolt Heads, 2" Body lift.
265 x 85 x 16 Grizzly Claws. MPS 4x4 Steering Guard.
SuperWinch EPi9, First 4x4 Winchbumper.
Braided brake lines. Sraight Thru pipe instead of back box for that delicious noise , mmmmm !!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal