AuthorTopic: Navara...Help  (Read 2044 times)

Offline bullitt

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Navara...Help
« on: December 01, 2005, 21:15:55 »
Hi guys

Im new here but wondered if you could give me some help or advice. Im looking at buying an 04 Navara. While the car is mint one thing that concerns me is the open back!!!! Water just sits in there. Will this not cause rust problems??? It has a load liner fitted but this wont stop weater sitting on the metal floor? I have seen the tonnaue covers etc but I think they spoil the look of the truck. Has anyne had rust problems in this area or wil it be ok? :?  Any help or advice greatly appreciated as it worries me a bit

best
Shaun

Offline ooheck

Attack Member
Navara...Help
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 18:43:21 »
Mine is fitted with a hard top, but I often hose out the back.
Any water that is left in there runs out through the gap at the bottom of the tailgate when you start moving.
I cant see you getting rust problems unles the paintwork is scratched down to metal. Unlikely if you have a load liner.
One thing to note though, mine is fitted with a removable load liner and this leaves nowhere to tie things down.

Cheers
Steve

Offline bullitt

Attack Member
Navara...Help
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 19:34:51 »
hi Steve

thanks for the reply. i took load liner out yesterday and there were a few scratches where the liner has been rubbing but nothing much. I hosed it all out and gave it a good coat of wax. I guess if I do that every 6 months or so it should be alright. btw  the last owner had cut two small holes in the load liner so the eyelets could still be used to tie things down

cheers
shaun

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
Navara...Help
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 19:38:48 »
If it's covered up with the load liner anyhow, you might want to consider and anti oxidising paint such as red lead or zonc oxide.

applied early enough it might even stop it rusting in the first place.
--

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Navara...Help
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 21:58:05 »
Also try parking with the nose of the vehicle uphill even if it's only 1/2 an inch. The water will find it's own way out.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Offline bullitt

Attack Member
Navara...Help
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 13:12:52 »
good thinking guys thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal