AuthorTopic: Radiator  (Read 3653 times)

Offline mse

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Radiator
« on: March 21, 2004, 14:40:18 »
One of my 300TDI's radiator hoses is begining to perrish; its the one in the middle at the top of the radiator, the outflow from the engine through the thermostat i think its only short pipe with and is one pipe (ESR2491).

My question; i have the replacement and clips; can i just take the old one out when the engine is cold put the new one in place and just add water back into the reservoir, with no need to bleed the air out or anything else?

or will i have to do something else.

If i have to bleed the system, how do i do that?

thanks
Mike

Offline Jubby

Attack Member
Radiator
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 19:55:44 »
Mike,

If its the radiator Top Hose your replacing (Ive just done mine!) then its probably best to remove the Black Plug on top of the Thermostat housing (I think thats what it is!) anyway its easy to spot.  You can then top up thru this, as well as thru the Resorvoir, this should then displace the Air in the Hose.

Word of Warning, make sure you use a close fitting spanner on the Plastic Plug, Its easy to round it off !

Cheers,  Jubby

Offline mse

Attack Member
Radiator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 20:56:32 »
Thanks, great help; did you find it an easy job? Im not going to tempt fate by saying it is!
Mike

Offline Jubby

Attack Member
Radiator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 21:16:00 »
Mike,

Yes, Very easy,   a bit messy though, antifreeze Everywhere,  A good hosing down afterwards required !

Cheers,

Jubby

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal