AuthorTopic: Appeal for photographs of undamaged byways....please read  (Read 1449 times)

13th Duke Of Wybourne

Appeal for photographs of undamaged byways....please read
« on: February 23, 2004, 10:33:50 »
I have copied this from the Jeepclub forum but we need to spread the word...so

This is an appeal for photographs of undamaged byways which will be used in response to the DEFRA consultation on the Use of Mechanically Propelled Vehicles on Rights of Way.

If you have suitable photos showing lanes that are green and undamaged by vehicles. Please caption each photo with date and location to validate them. It would be best if vehicles are not displayed in the photos because it's the surface of the route that we want DEFRA and the Minister to focus on. But if you have existing photos of stationary vehicles on lanes that are in good condition, then better to use them than none at all.

This second stage response is to highlight to DEFRA and the Minsiter that route condition is not a problem over large swathes of the network and to inform the Minister that he has over-reacted to claims of widespread lane destruction and damage.

If the damage to lanes is as insignificant as we claim then this should not be a difficult task!

Please make it one of your activities for the next two weeks or weekends. This needs to be a country-wide initiative to show that we aren't cherry-picking.  

Your photos should be sent with a covering note to:

William Propert-Lewis,
Countryside (Recreation and Landscape) Division 5
Dept. for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
Zone 1/01
Temple Quay
BRISTOL
BS1 6EB

Offline DEANO3528

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 00:25:05 »
Is something like this ok?

Cheers
DEANO

13th Duke Of Wybourne

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 09:33:51 »
I guess so Deano, it is a lot better than some i have seen :)

It hacks me off these MP's trying to stop the last bit off fun open to us, saying we damage the country side.....huh....what about bye-passes, motorways urban development, whats that doing? Nuff said....where's me coat?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal