AuthorTopic: Freelander Snorkel  (Read 7156 times)

muddy pawprints

Freelander Snorkel
« on: September 21, 2005, 14:41:06 »
Hi Ya!

Anyone here had a snorkel fitted to their FL? Would like to get one for mine. MANTEC do them, but don't say how much they are to buy or how easy/hard they are to fit.
Any ideas, please.

Maria.

Offline graham bishop

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 16:42:47 »
Maria I see you have come over from the freelander forum.

Well I got a price from mantec last year and they cost £240 incl VAT.  Don't know how easy they are to fit.

Graham
Graham Bishop

Ford Ranger Thunder in Black
Freelander gone.

muddy pawprints

Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 08:43:45 »
Quote from: "graham bishop"
Maria I see you have come over from the freelander forum.

Well I got a price from mantec last year and they cost £240 incl VAT.  Don't know how easy they are to fit.

Graham

Yes I have defected to the other side :twisted:
Thanks for the quote, once I get the heater core problem fixed the snorkel will be my next project.

M.

Offline graham bishop

Attack Member
Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 14:00:00 »
Maria,

I prefer this one to the mantec version.  Looks more modern.

http://www.formatc.org/freelander/snorkel/

Graham
Graham Bishop

Freelander gone.

muddy pawprints

Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 07:44:42 »
I like the look of that! Only read part of it, am at work have printed it off and will have a proper look tonite.
Did I read correctly thou, it came from Spain? Are they available in this country?

Want to get a new engine undertray/Sump guard as well..........once I can get the one that's on her now off!!!
Tried to change the oil and filters last week, the bolts that hold the tray inplace have siezed up, WD40 wouldn't even loosen them!! Now got to go to the garage to see if they can get it off!!!

Maria,

Offline graham bishop

Attack Member
Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 11:51:22 »
Maria,

Roca Silva who make the more astetically pleasing snorkel are asking £373 exc. shipping not sure if that is VAT or not as its comming from Spain.

You have a dirty densel don't you.  I only have petrol so I wouldn't put one on beacuse I might be inclined to go alittle to deep and knacker my car already had water up to the rubbing strips on the doors and just made it out so never again shall I be taking her that deep.
Graham Bishop

Freelander gone.

muddy pawprints

Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 12:00:41 »
Guess you mean Diesel? Yes, don't do petrol...........not unless I can get my hands on a Maserati or DB9  :(shades):  

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 19:44:42 »
Quote from: "muddy pawprints"
I like the look of that! Only read part of it, am at work have printed it off and will have a proper look tonite.
Did I read correctly thou, it came from Spain? Are they available in this country?

Want to get a new engine undertray/Sump guard as well..........once I can get the one that's on her now off!!!
Tried to change the oil and filters last week, the bolts that hold the tray inplace have siezed up, WD40 wouldn't even loosen them!! Now got to go to the garage to see if they can get it off!!!

Maria,

the belly plate is held on with diferent bolts depending on the year as landrover decided to be a runt to start with but on the later 02 onwards cars they are a doddle to remove is somewhat awkward,on 02 onwards there is 2 10mm vertically through the tray onto the x member & 4 13mm (2 each side) horizontilly through the alloy into the xmember(these get packed with crud & can be VERY tight) at the front there is 2 screws vertiacally in the centre section & 2 each side into the bumper,to the outer edge of the centres section is the 2 front 13mm bolts,

on the early cars you will need a 13mm socket & wobble to reach the front bolts as they are up inside the bumper
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

muddy pawprints

Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 08:34:52 »
Hi,
We found all the bolts, (got my Dad to help me in the end, as I could not move any of them!!) We managed to undo 1 bolt the rest are siezed. We have all the tools, (my brother used to be a mechanic). He doesn't know I've broken 2 of his "snap-on" spanners.........yet!!

Have booked the FL into my garage they are going to take the tray off, the I am going to change the oil and filter (should be interesting, LOL) :(scared):

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 11:31:17 »
Quote from: "muddy pawprints"
Hi,
We found all the bolts, (got my Dad to help me in the end, as I could not move any of them!!) We managed to undo 1 bolt the rest are siezed. We have all the tools, (my brother used to be a mechanic). He doesn't know I've broken 2 of his "snap-on" spanners.........yet!!

Have booked the FL into my garage they are going to take the tray off, the I am going to change the oil and filter (should be interesting, LOL) :(scared):

its ok,if its proper snap-on stuff they will be replaced under warrentry,

BTW is your freebie a td4 or the other 1?? as the filters are in  different places
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

muddy pawprints

Freelander Snorkel
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 06:59:20 »
I have a 1998 Xedi FL. It's ok I know where the filters are. Have changed the air filter. That was easy even a girl can do that one LOL!!

I have seen the oil filter, spent enough time lying on the floor under my car looking at it the other weekend!
I don't think the garage that did the last service toook the plate off, the oil filter seems to be leaking............well judging by the amount of oil around it anyway. I don't think it was done up correctly. Once the plate is removed I should be able to take it off and re fit the new one correctly. :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal